"I do not have a queen." Gregory was taken aback by this, but quickly regained composure.

"That is quite alright. Shall we go in?" Arthur nodded and led his guests into the castle. Arthur brought them into the throne room.

"My servant, Merlin, will bring you to your chambers. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask." Arthur looked at Merlin with adoration in his eyes then back at the guests. King Gregory took notice of this, but pretended not to notice. He thought it was all in his head. The king and queen both nodded to their host and followed the gangly servant through the castle.

They stopped at a dark wooded door. "This will be chambers, my lord. And right across the hall will be your queens." Merlin opened the door for King Gregory and brought in his stuff. Then he proceeded to do the same for Queen Matilda.

"Thank you." The servant was shocked that the queen had thanked him, but nonetheless bowed respectfully and left. He was about to go down the hall and serve Arthur when a voice called him.

"Merlin, I wish to speak to you." The visiting king called for Merlin. The young boy went into the older man's chambers and bowed.

"Yes, Sire?"

"I would like you to put my case on the dresser, then I would like for you to scrub my floors. After that I would like a meal and I won't settle for anything less than a full plate." Merlin nodded and made sure not to express his hatred for the chores like he did with Arthur. With much difficulty, Merlin lifted the big case containing Gregory's possessions he brought. With a huff and a groan the servant managed to put the case on top on the dresser.

"Actually, I don't want it up there. Put it back on the floor and by the bed." If this were Arthur, Merlin would have yelled at him in frustration but this wasn't Arthur. Merlin simply replied respectfully and did as he was told. Merlin's skinny arms could barely hold the large case as he brought it to the floor. He then carried it over to the bed, which was far from the dresser, and dropped it at the foot. He breathed deeply and stood towards the king.

"I will be back with water and soap soon, my lord." With that Merlin went to fetch his needed supplies.

*•••••••••••••••••*

Arthur was mad. He was sitting at his table in his chambers with a scowl on his face. His foot tapped the ground impatiently. He was meant to be brought dinner half an hour ago. The king would get dinner for himself or call for another servant, but Merlin should be the one doing it.

The doors to the king's chambers opened with a creak and Merlin walked in. He was holding a plate of food and a goblet. Not noticing the angry face on his king and being too tired to talk, he placed them on the table and went to get the pitcher. He then poured Arthur some wine and put the pitcher back in its place.

"Merlin?" It was only now that Merlin knew Arthur was mad.

"Yes?"

"You are thirty minutes late with my food." Arthur told his servant angrily and started to eat. "I swear sometimes you are so useless." Merlin winced at the comment but Arthur didn't see.

"I am sorry, sire. It won't happen again." Arthur stopped shoving food in his mouth and look at Merlin. Merlin was facing away from Arthur and had his head down. Arthur immediately felt guilty and put down his fork.