29. Goodbye California

I walked up to him and looked him straight in the eye, the man I loved, and the father of my child. “Joel, I love you with all my heart. I do. You can be sure of that, but I feel like I don’t know you anymore, I miss our life in Maryland, back when no one knew who you were, who I was. We had everything before LA.” And the tears started coming.

“Alisha please don’t do this to us. You can’t take Robin away from me. I need you both here.” He looked so hurt, but I needed to do what was best for me and my daughter.

“I’m sorry Joel, I really am. But this is what’s best for me and Robin and I think that it’s best for you to right now.”

“Why this all of sudden Alisha? Why leave now?”

“I’m leaving because I can’t look at you anymore without my heart breaking.”

Joel’s POV

I woke up the next morning to an empty house. I walked into what was Robin’s nursery for only a short amount of time. I didn’t know what to do with myself, how could my happiness disappear so quickly, now all I had was my music.

I knew that Alisha wasn’t alone, but I still wanted her here with me. I wanted her to be the one by my side through it all.

Well at least I had my band.

 I sat in my room with my guitar. All I had my music and to Alisha that was the problem.

Matt’s POV

I sat with Val in the airplane that was flying us all to Maryland once again.

“Are you sure that Alisha is doing the right thing Val?” I was kind of skeptical about the whole thing because I knew that Joel loved her and the baby and would do anything for them.

“Honestly I think that she needs to be away from all the fame, she isn’t used to it all and maybe taking Baby Robin away from it all is the best decision.”

I nodded.

“MATT!” I heard Jimmy yell from 3 rows behind me and Val.

The flight attendant gestured for Jimmy to lower his voice. “What Jim?”

He pointed to the seats across from him and Leana. Mandy was fast aleep on Tal’s shoulder and he was just watching her. I automatically knew that look and I didn’t like it one bit.

Alisha’s POV

Once we had all arrived to mine and Mandy’s place in Maryland I saw 2 very familiar cars parked out front.

Val walked up behind me, “Who’s that Ali?”

“Josh and Sarah.” Val made an ‘O’ sound and walked over to Matt who was carrying about 4 bags of Val’s luggage.

Avenged was on a break because of the nonsense that Brian caused so they all decided to spend some time here in Maryland a long with Tal who lately couldn’t leave Mandy’s side.

I knew that it wasn’t going to turn out well, but I had already decided not to get in the middle of things unless Mandy wanted me there.

I walked up to the front porch to see Josh and Sarah sitting there with Clementine, Sarah’s daughter, in her arms.

“Not that I don’t appreciate the surprise, but how did you know I was going to be here?”

Sarah smiled, “Well, Benj called and told us that you would be here, so I decided to bring Clementine by to meet her cousin and so that we could talk, Josh just tagged along.”

Josh reached for Robin and I let him hold her, while I opened the door to let everyone in.

“So sis, what’s going on? I’ve been trying to get a hold of Jo, why isn’t he here with you.” I pulled Sarah upstairs and into my room.

“Sarah, I left him.” She looked surprised.

“What? Why? Last time I talked to you, you said things were going great.”

I sighed. “They were at first, but things with Brian and that life; I don’t want Robin to be raised in that life. I can’t have her raised in that life. You know better than anyone how Joel’s lifestyle is and if I marry him or whatever Robin will always be in the spotlight.”

“Ali, you can’t just keep her away from him. It’s his daughter too.”

“I know that, but I can keep her out of that lifestyle until she is ready to be a part of it. I won’t keep her away from Joel, he can see her when he wants to, but here in Waldorf. I do love him Sarah, I can assure you that, but I won’t put my daughter through the hell I went through just dating Joel. He’s going to be gone all of the time. Do you honestly think that he is going to be able to handle being a full time father?”

She shook her head. “You’re right Ali and we are here for you no matter what. Mom said she would stop by later to check on you and make sure you have everything you need.”

I nodded and we went back downstairs to get settled in with everyone else, but I didn’t expect to walk into more drama.

“Matt just stop! It’s none of your damn business!”I heard Mandy yell.