Chapter 4

I'm The Good Girl, He's The Bad Boy. Your Typical Love Story...I Think Not.

Chapter 4:

The whole weekend I couldn't stop worrying. Kane, gosh his name sent shivers down my spine, had yet not replied after the lame conversation we had and I couldn't text him because my nerves were on fire and I didn't wanna seem obsessive. I've only known him for a couple days but I can't help myself. The guy is gorgeous and he seems to have one hell of a personality that attracts girls.

Currently I was pacing my bedroom, which I seemed to be doing quite a lot this whole weekend. My parents were both downstairs cooking dinner and I was here in my bedroom once again worrying. I had my cellphone in my hand staring at Kane's name. Should I text him? I thought over once again and just as I was about to give in and press 'send a text message' my mom called me. I groaned in frustration before running down the staircase and into the kitchen.

"What mom," I asked her annoyance heavy in my voice. She looked at me weirdly before shaking her head. "I need you to pick up a couple of things from the grocery store. Do you mind going," she asks me. "Yeah I do," I reply sarcastically knowing even if I said 'yeah I mind' she still would've made me go. "Well that's great, here's the list of items you need to buy," she says before kissing my cheek and pushing me out of the door. Grumbling I slipped on my flip flops not bothering to change out of my black shorts and white tank top aka pajamas before grabbing my car keys and cell.

At the grocery store, I quickly walked down the aisle looking for the pasta sauce only to find to my distaste that they didn't have the kind my mom wanted. I growled in frustration as I tried to look for a store worker only to find none anywhere in the aisle or nearby. "Gosh they need more workers," I grumbled heading to the checkout without pasta sauce and only the garlic paste and bread sticks.

At the checkout there was no one else in line so I just started piling the groceries on the black belt. When I looked up, I was utterly shocked. Standing behind the cash register was Kane dressed in a black polo with some jeans, some shorts, and he was wearing a blue apron that said 'Hi, I'm Kane.' I stifled a laugh as he scanned my items. He just looked so darn funny wearing that apron. "So what are you up to," he asks me ignoring my fit to hide my laughter. "Oh nothing, just some grocery shopping," I tell him. He nods before continuing. My eyebrows furrow at his lack of response. "Is something wrong," I ask him genuinely worried. "Nothing's wrong," he says but it sounds like he's forcing himself to say that. "Are you sure," I ask him. "I said nothing's wrong," he practically yells at me catching me off. With a surprised and hurt look I mumble sorry before grabbing the bag, handing him the cash, and practically running out the grocery story.

A moment later I hear the door slam open just as I'm about to get into the car and someone is running behind me. I look behind me to see a panting, heaving Kane. I raise an eyebrow in surprise and he nods his head telling me to wait as he catches his breath before speaking. "I'm sorry I was a jerk," he said to me. I smile in response glad he apologized. "Well what's wrong though," I tell him. He walks over next to me and sits on the curb. "Family problems," he says running a hand through his silky looking hair. With a sympathetic face, I sit down next to him.

"Tell me about it," as I said this, I found his face to be surprising. "Oh well it's just my parents think I'm worthless. I mean I'm 19 years old, I work at a grocery store, and I still live with them. I've done nothing in my life to make them proud and they just two days ago, after we talked, kicked me out," he said sadly looking down. Awe, he looks so sad. I placed a hand on his shoulder reassuring him silently. "Where are you staying right now," I ask him. He sighs before speaking. "I'm currently staying at a friend's house but he's getting married soon and I don't wanna interfere in his marriage life." As I think this over an idea suddenly strikes me.

"You can live with me," I tell him practically bouncing up and down with excitement. His heads snaps up a sad look on his face. "I can't possibly do that. I mean it's just, that we don't each other well," he said. "Well we can get to know each other," I tell him grabbing his hand. His hand is so soft yet has that rough guy feeling. "I don't know...." he says trailing off. "Oh come on," I plead with him giving him the pouty lips with puppy dog eyes. I watch as his eyes soften at my expression before he nods. I jump up and tackle him to the ground and all he does is laugh. "Thank you so much," I tell him. "No thank you," he says looking into my eyes.

Vote.Comment.Fan!?