Chapter 8 - The Truth

Heyyyyy!! I'm going to dedicate this to @MixingColors she is really sweet and adorable :) I hope they read my story! Ummm... This chapter isn't actually fully done, but it will be finished tomorrow! Thanks to all my followers and the people who love this book! Follow, Share, Vote and Comment... Oh and if it pleases you read :P Love you!

False alarm! It's done :P Umm... It's kinda a filler but you need one or two those some time, eh?

***************

Chapter 8

"Destiny, you’re not going to find me." someone said in a low, menacing, voice.  "I'm going to find you. Destiny, Destiny, DESTINY!!!"

I woke up from someone shaking me and calling my name. I was sweating from head to toe, and from what I was dreaming that made total sense. Why did the nightmares have to come back? I still hadn't opened my eyes but a felt a moan slip through my lips. 

"Ugh, finally you woke up! You scared the shit out of me!"

I lifted my eyelids just to look who woke me up... and then I remembered what had happened right before I thought I fell asleep. An image of all those pictures popped into my head and I pushed it right back out. 

I looked up and saw Aurelia, "Oh." I said remembering that she would want to know who the crap is in the pictures that were still taped to my walls. 

"Umm... Destiny, I know you probably don't want to talk about, but I am going to ask anyways. Who is this man? And why are you so scared of him??" she said with a look of concern on her face. 

"Ugh... You can't tell anyone Aurelia. Not even your mom, or dad. Not even Uriah. I'll tell him when I'm ready, okay??" I said hoping that she would comply.

She stuck her pinky out and I shook it. I knew she would never break it from the serious look upon her face. I started to say something, but I was having trouble trying to explain it. "It's a man... umm. Someone who... Ugh!" I groaned in frustration. I started over and began telling her the entire story. "My mother died right after I was born so I don't remember her at all. It was just my dad and me and well, frankly I don't remember much of that either. I don't remember him much because I have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. My dad was murder when I was 6 years old, and the man that face is on the wall is the only face that I remember and I believe that he is my daddy's killer."

Aurelia hadn't made a peep while I struggled to get the words out. Tears threatened to spill, but I think she was trying to stay strong for me. After I told her I realize I had tears running down my face and that I didn't remember when they started. 

I heard a small knock on my bedroom door. I expected to see Betty come in, but was surprised to see that Uriah was making his way to my bed. As soon as he saw me crying his eyebrows knitted together in concern. 

"Hey" I said in a really small voice, "who invited you?" trying to joke around and not look so pitiful. 

Aurelia was still not saying a word, but she reached down and gave me a big hug and whispered, "Babe, I wish I could make everything in your life better. Stay strong for me, kay?"

I nodded.

She walked out of the room and gave a small smile to Uriah who was now standing by my bed. I shuffled to the very far edge of my bed to make room for him to lie down. He accepted and lay on top of the blankets out of respect. 

He just held me, stroked my hair, and said smoothing words while I continued to sob. He had no idea why I was sobbing, but he knew not to ask any questions. 

Once I stopped crying I said bitterly "This was supposed to be a fun sleepover with my best friend! Of course out of nowhere he had to come and ruin my life again. I might not see you for a while Uriah, know that it's not because of you. Don't ask Aurelia because she's not allowed to tell you and she will really want to."

I climbed over Uriah and started to pack. I thought he was at a loss of words until he came over and started unpacking what I had just packed. I looked at him with my eyebrows raised, "What?" he said. "Any man that is going to try to take you from me, is not going to get the pleasure of winning. I will keep you safe, Destiny. I know this is kind of really soon, but I guess when you know, you know. Destiny, I love you and you’re not leaving, unless I'm coming with you."

I shivered at his nearness, and at the beautiful words that had just come out of that wonderful mouth of his. I touched his lips and kissed them. "Save me" I whispered.

"Always." he said as our foreheads were together and our hands entwined together.

We stayed there for a bit little kisses and whispering little things until we heard a knock giving. Well that killed the moment. 

"I'm sorry for intruding, sweet heart, but we need to know why the heck there are pictures of this man in our house. If it's endangering us you can't stay here anymore." Rick inquired.

"It's really okay. I guess we should probably sit down together and talk about this like adults, hey?" I said sadly, not wanting more pity than what was already shown, and not wanting to leave. 

So we left the comfort of my room to go sit in the small, cute little living room once again. "Uriah, do you think you could leave us alone. Just for a bit?"

He saw the look on my face and nodded. Then he went back into my bedroom.

Betty was already seated on the floral loveseat with Rick, which left me to sit on the big huge couch all on my lonesome. 

They were both looking at me so I began to tell my story. "So, I kind of lied when I said my parents died in a car accident. They both died, but in a much worse way than that. My mother died while she was in child birth with me, so my dad raised me until I was about 6 years old. It actually was my sixth birthday, but it was the worst birthday I have ever had. My dad was murdered right in front of my eyes." Betty gasped and I looked down at my lap. "I am kind of lucky," I continued. "That I can't remember much. I still have nightmares about it, but I'm not sure that's how it happened. That man in that picture I believe to be the murderer. I've been running away from him ever since I was 9. Never staying in one place. Never having the same name. This is the first time that I have ever told someone and it sounds so surreal."

Betty's tears started to flow, and Rick held her in his arms.

"I'll leave and go find somewhere else. I was selfish to let you guys take me in and not tell you the possible consequences." I looked up with tears brimming my eyes. 

"No, no, no. That will not be needed. You can stay, but if this happens again, I'm afraid I don't think Betty could handle this. Especially because I am leaving tomorrow morning." He looked at me with concern, but I turned away.

"Thanks." I muttered and left the room.

I walked into my room forgetting that Uriah was still in there. I walked to my bed and saw him already lying down and I gave him a small smile. "I guess you want to hear the story to, eh?"

He was looking down at my shirt and playing with the hem. "Tell me when you’re ready... I know you needed to tell them and Aurelia was going to force it out anyway, but I will wait till your ready." 

"I love you too, Uriah."

He pulled me closer and said, "Can you say it again? I know you just said it, but I want to hear it again."

"I love you, Mr. Starr."

"I love you too, Ms. Black"

A smile danced upon our lips and we kissed each other senseless.