Chapter XLVIII

Lana's POV

A day and a night.. It had passed slower than I thought it would. And each second of it I was reminded that it was just another second without him.. My father. But my eyes had gone dry of tears. No, I could not grieve like that. Not when my mother cried for both of us, while Marco still struggled his way to escape death.

At least one of us had to stay strong. It was my senses I had to rely on, rather than the feeling of pain that haunted me and gave me no rest.. Still, it was Christian there with me.. He gave me the kind of comfort I knew I could rely on, the kind of support that had me calmed for most of the part.. And I may had gone even madder than I was before, but he was the only one I trusted.. More than I did myself.

He kept me close and safe, at times I needed it the most. He made sure there was order even though many of our people were against a Le Boursier even being near.. But the death of my father had frightened them. They didn't doubt in the vampires, but rather found support in them.

And I was glad I didn't have to deal with convincing our pack that the royals meant good. My father had already made a deal with them and trusted them against Adam. That was the only battle we were all fighting. Adam and the witches that wanted to end us all. It was truly a relief that they were all aware of it, at least.

But to provide any further attacks, I had told them all to leave the property and go to their homes.. For at least a day or two.. To do so and wait for my call. There was still a plan we had to make sure it goes on and goes safe. I couldn't have not even one more of ours lose their life. No, the strategy was important. The right plan. And we were almost there.

  I was thankful Christian had convinced me not to strike right away. It was what Adam and those witches planned. To provoke us.. They had probably even been waiting for an attack that night when they took so many lives. And I almost gave them what they wanted. I almost fell for that, because I was so furious to even consider delaying it. But Christian was right. The fight plan, the right tactics and the right strategy was the only way to beat them.

  And so there we were, two days later, in the nearby house that was sealed with magic ever since Christian took me from Alexander that day.. Marco and Jack alongside my mother were at the family lake house currently, also sealed with the help of Calliope and Amelia. Every house in which there was at least one of ours was sealed. I had promised them protection. I was planning on keeping that promise.

  My mother had accepted our alliance with the vampires well.. She knew hat we had no chances on beating them alone. We needed the magic of the witches, the speed and immortality of the vampires, and the number and vigor of ours.. But she was still mourning. She was still in no condition to eve hear of the plan let alone fight alongside us. It was enough for me to hear that 'Revenge your father,' and I had every motive to do so.

  Jack was in the house that night, in the cabin as Christian wished to call it. It was no cabin, there were five people staying there, while in my family lake house I had left my mother and my brothers alongside my uncle who I trusted with my life, and a few of our trustworthy people.. Including Luke.

  But Jack was discussing the plan with Dimitri and Calliope as for they were the most rested to explain properly after a whole day of planning. I stayed in my room, going through my own thoughts after I took a shower, debating whether or not the plan was well worth it.. It had to be.. We were going to discuss it the next morning as well..

  It was the knock on the door that took my attention and had me glance in that direction. And after inviting whoever it was that knocked to walk in, I saw that familiar face that gave me the kind of soothing I felt at home, a smile that was well understanding and encouraging at the same time. It was Amelia. And I was glad I had her close at such times. We all had to stick together, especially after fate had brought us that way..