Chapter XXX

Not edited. Long af. Comment through it babes!

***

Amelia's POV

It took them ages to get everything fixed. And I was aware that it would take longer, I was just starting to think that something went wrong.. I checked the basement where everything was supposed to be done by then, but neither Christian or Lana were there..

It was odd. I was sure that at least Christian did things always according to his plan. There was no turning back once the plan had started but now it had been an hour since they took the witch and yet they still weren't down at the basement.

I told Dimitri to wait upstairs, but by the time I got back there, the guests were gone. Confusion was perhaps the first thing that washed through me as I walked upstair and found the house empty. The music was shut down. The guests were gone.. Not a singe person around..

I frowned as I looked around, feeling that instant turn in my stomach with the thought of where Dimitri might've went. Something was definitely wrong. Not even ten minutes went by when I got down in the basement. It wasn't physically possible for everyone to leave so quickly. And Dimitri? Christian? Calliope.. Where would they go?

"Dimitri?" The simple fact that calling his name was returned with no answer instantly caused those uncomfortable tremors to run underneath my skin. Then the first thing that went through my head was, thank goodness Annabelle was not in any danger. At least she was safe. At least I managed to keep her away from this wicked world that we had to deal with.

I could feel it.. I could feel some kind of coldness.. This thick darkness in the air around me.. It was the kind of darkness that dominated whenever that mystical energy filled the air.. Effortlessly going through me instantly as I took a few steps around, slowly and carefully looking around the now empty hall. Magic. I felt magic in the air. I could not be fooled, at least with that. And the first thing that came to my mind was, the witch had done something.

It was that thick silence that sent all kinds of chills, almost even buzzing in my ears. Something was definitely wrong and I couldn't even let myself think of all the things that could've happened so quickly. There was no such thing as time when it came to magic. Things could be done in a split second. And that changed the game.. Completely.

Something was obviously going on with Christian, Dimitri.. Lana even.. Something happened. I just- I couldn't understand what exactly. And I had little time to figure it out.

I turned towards the living room, and since it had no door, I instantly felt slight relief when my eyes landed on the figure on the floor. Lana. She was sitting up from whatever she was passed out, looking back at me as she stood up.

I walked slowly and carefully, thankful that her wild nature hadn't kicked in yet. We needed all the silence we could get to figure out what was going on. Not even Calliope was around, yet I could still feel that dark magic through the air, and I instantly thought it was perhaps he witch that they tried distracting during the ball.. But little did I know, a lot more things were about to go down.. Things that none of us could've ever predicted.

I watched how her lips parted to say something as I walked in the living room down the small step.. Some kind of panic behind her eyes. But if I learned anything, it was to keep quiet in such situation. So I pressed my index finger against my lips to keep her from starting to talk, seeing how from the odd situation, she still understands my point and simply kept quiet.