Chapter XI

Not edited.

Lana's POV

  It had been a while since the attack. Whenever I was in the woods, I told myself that I had my senses sharpened.. I wasn't so sure about that anymore. Those werewolves.. They attacked us. And I would say that it was for a good reason.. See, it was different when werewolves defend their territory. They leave a warning first, and then if it doesn't work is when the attack becomes a priority.. However, tonight.. Tonight was something different.

  They attacked me as well. And I was one of them. Perhaps it was because Amelia did that spell on me so they couldn't sense if I was one of theirs or not.. Or they just had their own reasons why they would want to harm us. Well, Christian was a vampire. It wasn't really a surprise. The thing was.. The thing was that no one could be so precised. These woods were larger than mine. There was no way the only caught a scent of a vampire.. They knew we were there. Or I was losing my mind.

  "Christian?" I heard myself ask, after about five minutes of silence. The last thing he told me was that I should try and stay quiet, cause.. Well, he was right, I was starting to pick really stupid subjects for a plain conversation, but I never really liked the silence, so..

  "Yea?" He answered quickly, continuing to walk with me still on his back.

  I released a sharp breath. I wanted to hear his opinion. "Those guys.. That you killed."

  Once again he was quick to catch up with me.. "Mhm?"

  "They were werewolves." I heard myself continue. It was one of those moments where I wasn't exactly sure where this was leading, but all I knew was that I was bringing it up again, and I was just curious about his opinion. It wasn't very, well me, to keep quiet. I asked, I talked, and I got answers. Two brains was better than one.

  "Yea. You already said that, Lana. A couple of times.." I rolled my eyes. He was being arrogant again.

  Silently clearing my throat, I tightened my arms around his shoulders. "Well, yea, but I was thinking.." I noticed how he tried to look at me, but no matter how many times he did that, there was no way he could turn his head that much. Or my hair was in his face again. "How big are these woods?"

  "Big enough for them not to be able to catch our scent." That cold, monotone voice seemed to slightly buzz in my ears. I was paying too much attention on him and it was starting to bother me. We weer getting closer with each minute that passed, but I still liked my distance. I didn't trust him yet. Not completely at least.

  I frowned at his words. He was good at this. "How did you know what I was going to say?"

  "I was thinking the same thing." I didn't know what to say to that.. He didn't give me an answer either way. Perhaps he didn't know either. But I would love it if we were quick enough to find out. Was this the reason why my father didn't want me to roam around these woods when I was younger? Whenever we visited the lake house, the outside was forbidden for us.. Maybe my father had enemies other that vampires? Was that even possible?

  "Christian?" I could hear him puff in annoyance.

  "Yes, Lana?"

  Oh, I wasn't that annoying.. He wanted me to be honest and opened.. There I was doing that exact thing. He could at least fake having a little fun. "What if they were my father's enemies? I mean, they did attack me first."

  Silence fell over for a few seconds.. "I don't think they knew you were one of theirs." Right. Again, I thought the same thing. "Besides, you would know that better than me." I looked on the side.. I was on the tip of my toes the whole time.. Trying to be careful.. Well, not literally on the tip of my toes, cause he was carrying me and everything, but I was trying my best to sense as much as possible. "Okay, Lana, you can hop off now."