Chapter XXVII

Not edited.

Christian's POV

  There didn't seem to be any trace of anything odd around the house.. No strange signs other than the noises Lana and I heard.. I got downstairs, looking around the living room, the kitchen.. My instincts seemed sharpened. I felt that anger boiling up inside me hotter than lava..

  It was starting to become outrageously frustrating to have to be on the lookout at every second of every fucking day.. I was ready to end this once and for all, and I knew that I had enough of the little games.. Adam was going to be dead by the end of the week.

  On the other hand, there were other things.. Other problems that we had going on. The Vesnetsov wolves were obviously involved in the whole thing with the necklace..

   I still found a way to kill Adam without the necklace, and Calliope was just supposed to do her spell that was apparently written down in one of the witch spell-books that she had to take from her so called friend..

  Once that was done, I could put that bastard to hell where he belongs along with those dogs that went under the bloodline Vesnetsovs, when I knew damn well how much Alexander had changed the policy of their group after the death of the last alpha.. From a diplomatic pack, that bastard turned them into savages.. Those were not the Vesnetsovs I knew. But at least they were easy to kill.

Lucky for them, there was no one there to test me.. They truly should've taken my warning, because once they triggered my rage, there was no stopping.. And I knew damn well how quickly I could make them go from numerous to extinct.

  The house was thankfully empty. Lana did get triggered very easily when I went demented and killed someone, even though I knew she was nothing better with anger than me.. But still, I needed her to stay in the room. I couldn't deal with having to keep her safe as well in moments like that.

  The kitchen was the last room in the house.. It was empty. I checked everything else. So perhaps it could've been the wind.. I didn't catch any scents either.. Well, not until that sweet flowery smell hit my nostrils, almost making me dizzy from how damn quickly her scent could effect me..

  I heard light footsteps from somewhere behind me as she walked in. "I told you to stay in the room, Lana." I reminded, still looking through the window and checking the backyard.

  "And I told you that I can take care of myself." Right. She said all kinds of nonsense when she was angry.. It wasn't that I didn't believe that she had the potential to do that.. I just didn't trust others.

  I turned around to face her, seeing how she stood wither her arms crossed over her chest in that white over sized sweater that even covered half her hands and most of her thighs.. A slightly annoyed look was dominating her face, probably because I told her to stay in the room..

  "Well, turns out it was just the wind." She faked me a smile as she walked towards me, passing by and going towards the fridge.

  I walked over to the counter, watching her take a water bottle from the fridge and look back at me while she was opening it.. She stopped and looked at me.

   "You know, I was thinking.. About the whole you wanting to throw a ball thing.. I'm sorry for acting so immature." I crossed my arms not able to hide the chuckle that escaped me.. You didn't  get an apology very often from the princess.. It was true though, she did act immature. But it only drew me deeper into her spell..

She went silent for a few seconds, smiling when she saw me chuckle, but there was still something that stole that smile off her face within only a few seconds.. The breath she released was heavy.. Deep. "It's just that- My father has been the only one I've ever been close to, and hearing all these things.. Lies that he's been possibly telling.. It's just playing with my head, you know," How could I not? My life story was constructed from nothing but family drama.