Chapter 31

I felt genuinely horrible now that I knew the truth.

"Beckett, I'm so sorry," I threw myself into his arms to express my sincerity. 

"It's okay, I'm sorry too. I should've done a double back flip to get away from her faster.

It was a really sweet moment until he said he needed to go work and left my house.

Sunday

I was sitting at my desk doing homework when I got a phone call from.

"Hello?"

"Avery, would you like to come to my house and meet my family today?"

"Does your family know about me?"

"Yes, I talk about you all the time, and now they've asked to finally meet my "mysterious girl."

I chuckled, "I'd be honored."

"Great, I will pick you up at around 3:00 maybe?"

"Sure, that sounds lovely."

"Cool, see you then!"

"Bye, Beckett."

"Bye, Sweetie."

Wow, I was going to meet his parents today. This was an event I didn't think would happen until at least like six months of dating. Nope, not even a month. Same thing right?

3:00 p.m.

I put on a sweet dress that, I think, looked presentable enough and would give me a good first impression.

There was a knock on my door and, to no surprise, it was Beckett.

"Hello, you look pretty today," I started to blush.

"Thank you. You look rather handsome as well."

"Ha ha, are you ready?"

"Yes, let's go."

On the car ride there, he informed me about some basic information about his family.

"So, my mom's name is Elizabeth and my dad's is Mason. They are generally really bright and cheerful people, but my dad likes to tease me a lot.  I also live with my little brother. He is nine-years-old and overly likes Nerf guns. That being said, he might shoot you a couple times, but don't worry. I will jump straight into the line a fire. See? I'm such a good boyfriend. I'm even willing to take a bullet for you."

"They are foam bullets."

"And? They are still bullets. What if you get hit in the eye with one? It won't NOT hurt,"

He's so silly. 

We arrived to his house, and he held my hand as we walked inside

"Hi, Mom. I brought Avery."

Right as he said that, I heard light footsteps quickly approaching me. 

"Hi, Sweetie," his mom was walking towards me with a very excited and warm smile, "You must be Beckett's girlfriend right?"

"Yes."

"It's so nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you."

"Mom, please don't embarrass me," said Beckett.

"What do you mean? I would never embarrass you," she returned her attention back to me, "Are you hungry? Here, come to the kitchen."

I wasn't that hungry, but I get it. Her mom is just really excited. She seems like such a nice lady too. I looked back to my boyfriend to see his reaction.

"Oh, gosh, she's making me so nervous."

I smiled at him before making my way into the kitchen.

"Here, do you like strawberry shortcake?"

"Yes, ma'am."

It looked absolutely delicious.

"Beckett, do you want one too?"

"No thanks. Where's dad?"

"Oh, he should be upstairs."

After I was done eating, Beckett took me into the living room, and we were soon met up with his mom and dad.

"Hey, girl. You must be Avery," I stood up to shake his hand.

"Yes, sir. That's me."

"So this is the girl my son won't stop talking about."

"Dad!"

"What? I'm just stating a fact. So, Avery, tell us about yourself."

"Um, I am 16 years old. I practice and work at a taekwondo studio about four to five times a week. I am a member in National Honor Society and Mu Alpha Theta. Um, what else? Oh, and I met Beckett at school this year."

"Wow, that sounds amazing," said his mom.

"Son, don't you ever lose her. You can't find someone like her just anywhere. I've seen the kind of girls you've dated in the past."

"How many girls has he brought home in the past?" I asked.

"You're the first, but we know how to snoop-and-poop," replied the dad.

"You know," started the mom, "you kind of remind me of someone. I will be right back," and she darted upstairs."

We all remained on the couches confused. She came back downstairs carrying a photo album.

"Would you like to see some baby pictures of him?"

"Yes!"

"No!" we said one right after the other.

Elizabeth, ignoring her son, patted the seat next to her signaling me to come sit.   

She turned the cover page to reveal an assortment of adorable baby pictures of him and his brother.

"Aww, he's so cute!" I squealed.

"I know right. Look at this one," and she pointed to a picture of him making the cutest crying face ever.

When she turned the next page, she explained that they once lived in Japan before they moved to the states.

"This was him when he was about six years old in Japan. He had a best friend there. Oh my gosh, they were so attached to each other. It was adorable. Beckett, do you remember her?"

He slowly nodded his head while I sat there in shock. This WAS Beckett number one. Now I was certain of it, but how could I prove it?

"Oh my gosh, no way," I gasped which drew everyone's attention towards me.

"Avery, are you okay?" asked Beckett.

"I told you you were him. I told you I knew you a long time ago,"

"Huh?" questioned the mom.

"Your best friend in Japan, that was me. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. Her name was Avery, she was a huge introvert at first, she got bullied at school but you protected her, we used to sit under the slide at recess, and you made me a paper airplane everyday. Don't you remember?"

I looked into his eyes to see a blank expression. It was impossible to guess exactly what he was thinking.

"Beckett? Honey?" Elizabeth looked concerned. What could this boy possibly be thinking?