Chapter 22

The next day, I got a call from Gabrielle

"Hey, Gabby! How was your date?"

"Ugh, it was awful."

"Aw, why? What happened?" I tried to sound as genuinely curious and concerned as possible.

 "First of all, we went to a restaurant, and some jerk spilled their drink all over him. Plus, they barely even apologized. Okay, second of all, a dog ran through his legs at the park and made him fall. Not only that, he fell into some dog poop."

"What?!" I said as I was attempting to sound shocked, "That sounds terrible."

"Ugh, it was."

"So, are you guys going on another date anytime soon?" I asked.

"I don't really know. We didn't say much on the ride home. I was actually hoping we could hang out some time."

"Sure, why not? What should we do?"

"Hm..." she started to think, "let's go bowling."

"Okay! Pick me up in about an hour."

"Wait, why do I have to pick you up?"

"Because I drove last time."

"That's true. Fine. Bye girly."

"Bye bye."

The Bowling Alley

Gabby just kept going on and on about Josh

Gabby just kept going on and on about Josh. She just didn't talk about the date; it was everything else as well: first impression, rating him on a scale from one to ten, their future together, etc. I can't say that I blamed her. I think I would be doing the same thing if I were in her position. I was actually relived that she was the one mostly talking. It prevented me from spilling the beans or saying anything that might offend her. 

After bowling, we decided to go grab a bite to eat at some bistro we had planning to try out for some time now. It was this Greek restaurant that turned out to be pretty good.

"So, where do you want to go now?" Gabby asked.

"Can we just go to your house or something?"

"Yup, I'm tired of driving."