Chapter 30

"You need me?" He asked for confirmation.

"Yes, please. I need you to come here right now."

"I'm on my way."

I flushed the toilet to make it seemed like I just needed to use the restroom, and went back into the living room to see Josh sitting on the couch

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm okay. I just need to use the bathroom," then there was an awkward silence.

"Josh, let's watch a movie," I needed a way to stall before Beckett got here.

"Okay, what do you like to watch?"

I tried to pick a movie that wasn't anything near romantic, "Let's watch Rush Hour. Do you know that movie?"

"Yes, I love it," so I put the movie in and sat on the couch a good distance away from him. However, about 10 minutes in, Josh, as causally as ever, scooted closer to me. It made me a little uncomfortable, but I was saved by the bell.

Ding Dong

I heard the doorbell ring and went to go greet Beckett. He could not have come at a better time.

"Avery, what's the problem?"

"It's Josh. I don't know happened, but he's just making me nervous," and without another word, Beckett stormed into my house to find Josh.

He was sitting on the couch when he turned his head to see Beckett. He looked so shocked and surprised while Beckett's fists were clenched. It truly was a scary sight.

Josh stood up and asked me what he was doing here. Furious, Beckett took long strides to Josh and grabbed him by his collar.

"Don't you ever disrespect her like that again," Beckett said enraged. I didn't even tell Beckett what he did, but I guess he didn't need to know.

"If you ever touch her against her will against her will again I swear to God I will ruin you," and he threw his body hard against the floor. 

Josh put his hands on his head because of the pain, "You don't know what's good for her," he exclaimed, "All you're going to do is break her heart again. She doesn't deserve someone like that. I can-" Beckett's face was about to boil over until he, once again, walked over to him and grabbed his collar. This time, only with one hand. 

He dragged him all the way to the front door and threw him outside."

"Hey, you can't-" then Beckett closed the door refusing to hear one more sound from him. Beckett then turned around to see me. I was nervous but yet grateful at the same time.

He stared me down and slowly started to walked towards me. Because he looked like he was going to devour me, I nervously stepped back until I made contact with the wall. He threw one hand up by my right ear, and then the left when I tried to escape. His face was so close to me, but in an intimidating sort of way.

"What made you think it was a good idea to invite him over?"

"I'm sorry. I needed someone to talk to, and I was nervous to confront you," his eyes were burning holes into mine, "I'm sorry," I said with light tears forming in my eyes. The combination of him looking disappointing in me and the fact that my friend just sexually harassed me was just overwhelming.

After seeing me like this, Beckett's eyes began to grow soft, but of course, I didn't notice.

"Beckett, I'm-" I was cut off by the sudden feeling of his arms around mine. 

"Forgive me," he began to speak, "I have made you cry and wasn't there to protect you from the start. Please, forgive me if you can."

I couldn't resist the urge.

"I forgive you, but can you do the same? I'm sorry that I just assumed the worst and didn't give you a chance to explain."

"It's alright. Would you like to hear the truth now?" I nodded my head.

Flashback (Beckett's P.O.V)

"Hey, Beckett," said Emily as she was approaching me

"Um, hi? What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I just wanted to see you that's all. What are you doing?"

"I'm waiting for Avery in the bathroom."

"That's cool. So what happened between you two? How did you end up together?"

"I don't know. I just liked her, and I guess the feeling was mutual."

"Well, you know you broke my heart right?"

"Yes, Emily. I really am sorry. I never meant to hurt you like that."

"I believe you, but don't you think you owe me?"

"What do you want?"

"I want a goodbye kiss."

I honestly thought she was joking, "Are you crazy? I have a girlfriend."

"Oh, come on. One more for old times times sake."

"I'm sorry, but I don't think that's a good idea."

"Fine then," she approached me closer until my back hit the wall, "I will take it myself,"

She wrapped her arms tightly around my neck to prevent me from moving and smashed her lips forcefully onto mine. I put my hands on her hips to try and push her off, but it wasn't working. I didn't want to push too hard because I didn't want to be rude, and she's a girl.

When I finally managed to escape her wrath, I turned my head to see Avery staring at me mortified.

End of Flashback