Chapter 19

I went home that day feeling like a betrayer

I went home that day feeling like a betrayer. I think he might've fallen for me. How could I do this? I was Gabby's best friend, and yet I've betrayed her by making the one she likes fall for me. Perhaps I was overthinking this. Maybe that was just his way of being nice right? But what if it's not? I have to think in the worse case scenario. I have to think of the best way to turn him down easy. However, if he doesn't feel that way, I don't want to die from embarrassment again. 

Wait a minute...he's a player; he probably flirts with everybody like that. Yes, that's it. There's nothing to worry about, I hope. 

I was deep in thought when suddenly I heard my phone ring. 

"Hello?"

"Hi, Avery. It's Gabby. I was wondering since tomorrow is Saturday, and I still owe you from that one time, did you want to do anything?"

"Um, sure."

"Great, do you have any ideas?"

"I don't know. Let's just have a sleepover or something."

"Sounds great! Your house or mine?"

"Well since YOU owe me, let's do it at your house."

"Okay cool. So come on over around 4:00 maybe?"

"That's fine. Bye Gabby."

"Bye bye."

I felt bad I couldn't tell Gabrielle about most of the things happening lately, but I cared about my relationship with her so much, that I wasn't going to risk it. 

We had fun. We played a bunch of card and board games, gossiped a lot, and ate loads of junk food. I felt really guilt about it the day after, so I went to the gym and sweat my butt off. 

Monday

I was greeted at school with a nice slap to my face

I was greeted at school with a nice slap to my face. I covered my cheek and turned my head to see the culprit. It was a very aggravated Emily. She gave me an evil smirk, then left with her sassy walk as if she ruled the world. 

"Hey! What was that for!?" 

"Nothing, I just felt like it."

She was so lucky that I was sore and didn't feel like running after her.