Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning with butterflies at the pit of my stomach praying to God that this'll work. I brushed my teeth, picked out a nice outfit, put up my hair, and went through my room to find things that would remind him of who we once were. It was a bit nostalgic since I haven't looked at these things in years. I sighed and made my way to school. 

When I got there, the sun had barely risen, and the school seemed to be empty

When I got there, the sun had barely risen, and the school seemed to be empty. I tip-toed to Mr. Cooper's room and slowly tried to open the door. Just as it was supposed to be, it was unlocked. I exhaled in relief and started to unpack the supplies. I was sitting there for about 10 minutes when I heard someone walking this way. I sat up for a second, then sat back down because I realized it could have just been anybody. I heard the door behind me open and close, and this time, I stood up and turned around. I smiled at him, and in return I got a blank expression. He seemed to have this unreadable face mastered. I walked up to him and spoke.

"Please just listen to me. I know it wasn't me you were expecting to see, but I need you to hear me out."

He was beginning to walk away but right when he turned, I grabbed his wrists.

"Do you remember this picture?" I said holding the photo up to his face.

"No, why would I?"

"What about these?"

 It was the popsicle stick figures he made me

 It was the popsicle stick figures he made me. He shook his head and acted as if I was crazy.

"This?"

 I held the Burger King Pokemon card he gave me

"I mean everyone has seen Pokemon cards before."

"But in anyway is this one special?"

"Um, no."

"Hmph, please tell me you remember these at least." I took a hand full of the paper airplanes he made me.

" I took a hand full of the paper airplanes he made me

"Oh yes I do remember these." My eyes lit up when he said that. "and so does everyone else in the world. Who wasn't seen a paper airplane before?"

My shoulders sunk in disbelief.

"Look, it was cool that you tricked me into thinking Mr. Cooper needed to see me but really it was just you, and you showed me a bunch of stuff while holding onto my wrist, but I gotta go."

He took his hand out of my grasp and waved me goodbye. I couldn't believe this was happening. I raised my hands to grab my head. 

"THAT IDIOT HOW COULD HE NOT GET IT!!! ARGH!!!"

I thought I was going to go crazy. I ruffled my hair in frustration, but on my way out I passed by a mirror and fixed it anyway. 

I arrived to first block and sat next to Gabrielle.  

"Hey, how did it go?"

"Guys are stupid. He didn't get a single clue. It was ridiculous. I showed him all the things I could've been certain would trigger something. How could he not remember anything?! Did he not have a brain ten years ago?!"

"Gosh, sounds rough."

"Argh, what should I do now?"

"I don't know. This is art class so it's the perfect time to be creative."

I looked at her with the "Are you serious?" eyes. However, inside, I knew she was right. I was ahead in this class already, so I had some spare time to think about plan B. I was having a mixture of emotions. I liked to solve a sudden challenge, but at the same time I hated the frustration it brought.

The clock struck 11:40 and the bell went off. I walked to my locker with Beckett being the only thing I had in mind. He started walking towards my direction, but being so deep in thought, I didn't take notice. Next thing I know, I felt a force in the middle of my back and my forehead hit the locker door. I looked around to see who it was and walking away from me on my right was Beckett who acted like nothing happened. To be honest, I wasn't that upset. It woke me up from my deep thought. I shrugged it off and went on my way to meet up with my best friend.

 I sat down in the seat across from her and told her about what happened a few minutes ago.

"Jerk, at least you won't see him tomorrow. Today's Friday. You remember what we're doing right?"

I chuckled a little, "Yes, I have to take you to the mall and buy ice cream."

"Ding! Yup, by the way, I like Haagen Dazs the best."

"What the heck! That's so expensive."

"I know right, that's why I picked it on this occasion," she just smiled at me with her sly little lips. I didn't really mind because I loved to spend time with her...plus she bought me dinner last time since she lost a bet. This was perfect and just what I needed to relive the recent stress.