20

-|This is the last chapter to the first book in the 'Happier' Series. The second book title is decided, it will be announced soon😉.|-

Andy-

Breathe, Andy. Look away, plug your ears. Don't listen, don't look.

But I couldn't do anything. I stood there, frozen.

"Oh come on, you can't be the judge of wether or not he's moved on!" That sweet, too sweet, yet all too familiar voice that for some reason I haven't missed one bit.

"No don't you dare touch him! I told you to stay the fuck away from my boyfriend! I think I can speak for him when I say that he doesn't love you anymore!"

The yelling, the touching, it was all too much. I felt my body start to tremble and my vision go blurry. My body shook as I breathed in slowly.

"No you can't! How do you know he isn't just lying to you? He lied to me plenty of times! I can't even believe you want to be with someone like him anyways!" The coldness in her voice as she spoke, well yelled.

"That's it! Andy is my everything and more and I'm not about to stand here and let you say those horrible things about him! You don't know what the hell he's going through right now and he doesn't need you strutting in here like you own him! I advise that you leave or your not going to enjoy what happens next, Hannah!" Rye stated very sternly.

I swear that no matter where I go, she always seems to be there. It's like fate always had it's ways of putting me in bad situations, especially when I really didn't need them.

"Oh my God, your so pathetic, you both are, just look at him back there! Your lucky I actually have places to be. See you around!" She said as I heard her walk off.

At this point I couldn't see anything. I was shocked at first to feel two arms wrap around my waist, but relaxed instantly knowing it was Rye.

"I'm so sorry baby. Clam down, it's ok. I'm sorry." He pleaded. I sobbed and grabbed onto his shirt.

I didn't care that we were in public, in the middle of a grocery store. I didn't care that we would most likely get kicked out. The only thing I could think about were her words. There was a time when she would never even dare to say the word pathetic. But now she was saying this to me, someone who she used to spend nearly everyday with, someone who held her in their arms as she fell asleep, someone who loved her, someone who she loved.

I sobbed louder and gripped onto his shirt tighter. I felt him remove his arms around me, only to replace one around my back and the other on the back of my knees. I felt him lift me up.

"I'm sorry I made you go out today. We're going home." He whispered in my ear. I could hear the sadness and anger in his voice.

I felt bad that he was feeling this way. By the way he's talking, I know that he's blaming himself. I don't want him to blame himself.

I heard a car door open and voices, but as soon as we entered all noise stopped.

"Rye what happened?" Rye's mum asked, worry laced in her voice.

"Just go home, please." Rye eased and I could tell he was crying.

He placed me in the seat next to him and buckled it as I felt the car start to move. I opened my eyes slowly. I could see better now. I turned my head to Rye. He was leaning forward, his elbows on his knees, face burried in his hands. I wanted to cry more and breakdown, but I couldn't. I placed my hand on his back.

"Don't touch me." He breathed out. I was shocked but took my hand away.

Why doesn't he want me to touch him?

"R-rye.." I couldn't even get the full sentence out.

"Shut up!" He said sternly as he scooted as far away as possible.

I felt the tears coming back as the dizziness returned.

"Ryan why are speaking to him that way?" His mum spoke from the front seat as she parked the car outside the house.

"I said shut up! I don't want to be here anymore!" He shouted as he threw the car door open and climbed out, walking away quickly.

The next few things were a blur. Rye's mum helped me inside and to the livingroom. She got me a cup of tea, although I didn't drink it, and put on some random movie, but I wasn't watching it.

I felt pain everywhere, physically and mentally. I wanted to die. But I know that I couldn't.

~

Everything will make more sense in the Epilogue, which is next😉.