17

Andy-

We arrived at the train station and it was time to say goodbye. We both got out of the car and stood in the light of the headlights as it was now pretty late. The light was silhouetting him perfectly and his warm breath hit my face. I stood up on the tips of my toes and connected our lips. It was a long, passionate, and needy kiss. He knows that I need him to feel safe, and I know that he needs me.

"It's only a week. It'll be ok, I promise." He whispered into my ear once we had pulled apart. His hands were on my hips and my arms were wrapped tightly around his neck.

"I love you." I whispered back. He pressed his cheek against my own and I knew he was smiling.

"I love you so much, more than you'll ever know." He said after a few minutes.

He pulled away from me and looked at me one last time before grabbing my bag from the back and placing it in my hands. He then pecked my lips one final time before turning me around and shooing me off towards my train.

And that was it. The last time I'd ever see for a whole week.

-|At Andy's House|-

I walked through the front door. I wasn't expecting anyone to be awake as it was quite late, so I was surprised to see a light on in the kitchen and hear the voices of my mum and dad. I sat my bag down and took my shoes off, walking into the kitchen.

"Hey." I said happily yet it came out quite unhappy as I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep.

"Andrew! Are you alright?" My mum said happily. I couldn't help but smile and nod.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just tired." I replied to her.

She hugged me before telling me that she wouldn't be offended if I went to bed. My dad also said the same so I wished them both a goodnight and went to my room.

I didn't bother changing clothes and just climbed into bed. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and looked at my notifications. There was only one that I cared about, a text from Rye.

Rye🐝❤️- Goodnight baby, sleep well. You know I love you and always will no matter what❤️

I smiled to myself as I read the text and felt a tear slip down the side of face. It had only been a few hours and I was missing my other half more than anything.

I texted him back before placing my phone on my nightstand and laying my head against the pillow. I closed my eyes and tried to clear my head, but it wasn't really working. All my mind was trained to was how and if I was going to tell my parents who I really am, and Rye of course.

I groaned and rolled over, pulling the sleeves of Rye's hoodie over my hands. I put them up to my nose and sniffed, breathing in the sweet scent of Rye. I sighed and closed my eyes, eventually falling asleep to the now soft rain hitting my window.

-|Morning|-

I woke up with the sun peeking through the window. I sat up and wiped the sleep from my eyes. I didn't sleep much, but I knew now what I must do. I made up my mind that I can't keep hiding who I truly am from my family and that I'm gonna have to tell them at some point, so why not sooner rather than later.

I climbed out of my bed and grabbed my phone. I looked at the lit up screen. I didn't have any texts from Rye. He was probably still asleep.

I made my way to the kitchen where I could hear my mum's voice and the crinkle of the newspaper as my dad flipped the page. I smelled a mixture of tea and coffee and pancakes, but I wasn't hungry and I wasn't thirsty.

"Morning, Andy." My mum said as I entered the room.

"Morning." I said quietly. My dad looked up from the paper.

"You alright?" He asked me. I nodded my head and sat down at the table across from him.

"Yeah I'm fine." I replied. He shrugged his shoulders and looked back at the paper.

My mum brought me a plate with pancakes and sausages, but again, I wasn't hungry. She also brought me a cup of tea, and although it sounded good, I just didn't have an appetite.

I slowly sipped some of the tea and ate small bites because I didn't feel like being bombarded by questions.

We made small talk about things that had happened since the last time we were all together. Of course Hannah was brought up, and I knew she would be at one point. My parents were both pretty upset that we had broken up because they really liked her. In their eyes, she was the perfect, golden girl. I had quickly told them that I didn't want to talk about her right then and there conversation was starting to die out. I took this as my opportunity.

"Mum, dad, there's something I need to tell you..."

~