14

Andy-

Yesterday was a learning day for us both. We realized just how much we need eachother. When we got home and climbed into bed, holding eachother tighter then ever, things felt different. Not in a bad way, in a good way, a very good way. I felt as if we had become closer.

When I woke up, he was still next to me, still holding me just as tight as when we had fallen asleep. His eyes were open and he was looking down at me. I blushed and hid my face against his chest. He chuckled at me and wiggled his way down so he was at eye level with me.

"Your cute when you blush." He whispered, his lips brushing up against my own as he spoke. I giggled and pressed our lips together briefly. He smiled and kissed my nose as I felt butterflies in my stomach, even though I'd been with Rye for a bit now and we'd had moments like this plenty of times before.

"We have to go back to the studio again. Are you gonna be ok?" Rye asked after a few minutes of silence. I grabbed his hand and laced our fingers together, tracing my thumb over his knuckles.

"Yeah I'll be ok. I was just overwhelmed." I said and looked up into his eyes. He nodded his head slightly.

"Come on, we gotta get going so we can get everything done." He said as he stood up and pulled me up with him. I groaned and leaned against him as I was still tired.

"Ugh... Fine." I groaned again as I pulled away from him and went to my room to get some clothes. I changed and then waited for Rye to come and get me.

- |After studio| -

I had completed all of my vocals, and according to Rye, had done really well on them all.

"You ready to go somewhere?" Rye asked, smirking, once we had returned to his car. I glanced up at him with a confused expression on my face.

"Where?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow. He smirked and started the car, pulling out and onto the road. Once he was able to have one hand on the wheel, he took the other and placed it on my thigh.

"You'll see." He said as he stared out the windshield. I sighed and looked out the window.

I smiled as I leaned my forehead against the cool glass. I felt a pair of eyes continually taking long glances at me. I turned my head slightly and saw from the corner of my eye Rye taking short glances at me from the driver's seat. He had a soft, loving smile spread across his face and his hand was still on my thigh, the other placed safely on the steering wheel.

"Yes, Mr. Beaumont?" I said as I smirked and placed my hand on top of his. I could hear his breath hitch as he cleared his throat. I held back my chuckle.

"Don't make me pull this car over, Andrew." He said sternly, but I could see the smile he was attempting to hide.

"Whatever." I said as I looked down at our hands. I intertwined our fingers and squeezed his hand lightly. He returned the gestured and brought our hands up to his face to place a gentle kiss against the back of my hand.

He then gently placed my hand back on my lap and pulled off the road and into a parking lot. There was a playground surrounding a massive lake.

"There's a special place here that I wanna show you." He said as he had walked around to my side of the car and opened the door for me, offering me his hand. I took it and climbed out of the car.

He started leading my along a path that went along the lake until we came across a big tree. He then started leading me off the path, following a small stream that ran off the lake.

"I come here sometimes when I just need to get away or to just clear my head." He said from in front of me. I could tell by the passion I'm his voice that he truly loves this place.

We walked a little bit longer before coming to a small clearing. There was a smaller pond. The stream that went from the lake leads to this beautiful pond surrounded by flowers and trees. You could hear the birds chirping. It was far enough away from the main lake that you couldn't hear anything besides the water, birds, and frogs.

"Rye, this place is beautiful." I breathed out as I took in the veiw.

"I know." He whispered as he let go of my hand to remove the backpack from his back and pull out a blanket. He layed it down neatly on the ground and then sat down. He patted the spot next to him. I sat down and leaned my head against his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I wanted to share it with you. It's a place that's made me happy ever since the beginning of the band and I wanted you be able to experience it." He said. I lifted my head from his shoulder to look at his face.

He was staring off into the water. I could see how this place would make him so happy. When your here, you just seem to forget about every stupid little thing.

"I came here a lot when you and Hannah were together. That one night after she had broken up with you and you went missing, I came here after hours of searching for you. I came here countless times and thought about you, thought about what it would be like if I could come here with you. What it would be like for you to be mine. And now look, here we are, both of us here, together, and I can finally call you mine." He whispered. By the end he had pried his eyes away from the beautiful scene and looked down into my blue eyes. I smiled at how cheesy but still beautifully romantic his little speech was.

"Ryan I swear your so cheesy, but it's so handsome." I said as I kissed his lips softly. He smiled into the kiss. "I didn't know you cared about me that much though." I said after we had pulled away. His cheeks turned a bit darker as he leaned his weight onto his outstretched arm.

"Well, I thought I had made it pretty obvious." He said as he tilted his head and studied my facial features.

"Maybe I was just too blind to see it." I whispered. He smiled a sad smile and caressed my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"You know, everything happens for a reason. Maybe there's a reason that we didn't get together sooner. Maybe there's a true reason to why you and Hannah dated. Maybe there's a true reason why you guys just weren't meant to be. There's a reason for everything, and maybe there's a reason that you were too blind to see." He said.

I looked up into his deep brown eyes. They reflected the sparkle of the water and the shine of the sun.

"Cheesy." I whispered ever so softly as I sat up and kissed him. He placed his hands on my hips and pulled me close.

In this place with Rye is where I can truly be happy.

~

(Don't know how I feel about this one🤷🏼‍♀️)