15

Andy-

We laid, looking up at the stars, our legs in a jumbled mess together and our fingers intertwined between us. The sound of the rustling trees and running water in the background nearly putting me sleep as Rye ran his thumb over the back of my hand.

"It's pretty late." Rye whispered into the silence. I sighed.

I knew it was late, but I didn't want to leave this place and this moment behind. I wanted to stay here forever, the bad thoughts that tended to cloud my mind just magically gone and not giving a care in the world.

I was brought from my thoughts as a cool breeze swept over the pond and up to us. I shivered. Rye noticed and sat up.

"Come on. We can't be getting sick." He said as he looked down at me. I looked up at him and bit the inside of my cheek.

I hesitated before nodding my head and sitting up next to him. He looked into my eyes and I swear the world was frozen around us and the only things moving or breathing or seeing were us. I felt my lips part a bit as we continued to look deep into each other's eyes and examine eachothers expressions and figure out the others emotion just based on the looked on their faces. I saw on his happiness and joy and love.

He let go of my hand and brought his fingers up to my chin lightly. He looked from my eyes to my lips. I never took my eyes from his as he began to lean in. I placed one of my little hands against his chest and connected our lips. In that moment, nothing else existed. It was only us. Me and Rye and no one else... nothing else. When we pulled apart but left our faces only centimeters from the others, our breathes became one and it was as if we were flying. It felt amazing and I felt numb under his touch.

He made me feel as though this was all way too unreal. He made it seem as if I was dreaming and I'd wake up in any second to a cold bed and no one to hold me. But this was all real. It was almost too real, but I knew it was impossible for it to be fake.

His smile was too perfect and distinct for it to just be a dream and his hands were most definitely against my skin and his breathe was definitely there, hot against my lips.

His presence was real. He was real. Our love was real.

"What are you thinking about?" He breathed out. I swallowed and looked back into his deep brown eyes.

"About how crazy and real all of this is." I whispered back. He smiled and pushed his lips against mine again.

"Come on, let's go home." He said as he pulled his face away from mine. I sighed but stood up anyways.

He folded the blanket up and placed it back into his backpack as I took in the veiw one last time. I felt him take my hand in his again and lock our fingers together. I looked down at our intertwined fingers and smiled. He leaned down slightly and kissed my shoulder before leading the way back to the car.

I knew that this was a moment that I'd have to cherish for the rest of my life. I knew that some day in the future I'd be sitting down with our children and telling them about this day, about how wonderful it was and how much I wished I could go back to it. I could see us taking our own family there one day and playing football and reliving that moment.

"You ok?" He said from the driver's seat, both hands placed perfectly and safely on the steering wheel as he continued to drive on.

"Yeah. I...I know this is a bit soon and I know it won't happen anytime soon, but do you...do you want kids?" I asked him. I turned my head to look at him so I could see his reaction.

I could see his lips curl into a little smile in the moonlight shining through the window.

"Well, since you asked. Yes, I do, someday." He said calmly. I sighed a sigh of relief.

"I've never felt as if something I had was so real before." I said as I stuck my hand out the open window and felt the cool air brush up against the skin.

"Really?" He asked. I could feel his eyes on me. I smirked.

"Yeah." I said simply.

He parked the car outside the flat and turned to me, putting his hand on my cheek.

"This is the most real and special thing either of us will ever have. You will forever be mine." He said as he then looked into my eyes firmly.

I bit my lip and nodded my head before crashing my lips onto his.

I was his. I'd always be his. Tomorrow, next week, next year, till the day I die.

~