THIRTY SIX

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COME!
IT'S NOT HAPPENING!
PLEASE!

For the fiftieth time, I texted my mom on watsapp but I was sure she wasn't even bothering to read them. It was already the fifth day I had talked to her about it, getting out of Jungkook's car and not letting him know what was going on even though that meant I had to walk to my apartment.

But then again I was the one who had created the mess of inviting people to a wedding that only I knew about, and I was tired and sick of telling both mom and Rebecca that it wasn't actually happening. So yes, I had to go through with it.

After waiting a few minutes for her to read or at least receive them, I got tired, threw the phone on bed and sighed, wishing I had never told her in the first place. She had only replied to the message that had my address with a "k" and that's it.

I was about to move out of my bedroom when Daniel called. I had already told him everything. First, he had laughed hysterically. Then he said he would sort everything out after getting done with his visit to Philippines. He informed me that he was back and was going to arrange a meeting for our parents at Jeju island in case my mom landed in Korea.

"They'll get to know each other, have a good time, and then we can proceed with the rest of the stuff"

"Daniel, your parents haven't met me yet"

"This is what I called about, you'll be meeting them Friday night, 7 pm sharp. I'll text you the address"

"Daniel, are you sure about this... whole... thing?"

"April, you are worrying too much. It's going to be okay. We gotta give each other a chance!"

"Each other?"

"Yes. Each other. I'll talk to you latter, okay? Call me if something is wrong"

"Okay, bye"

Was this right? Or an even bigger mistake? I couldn't think. I sat on the edge of my bed, thinking about all the stuff, all the never ending mess when I heard the bell ring.

"What do you want" were the first words that left my lips as soon as I saw Jungkook at my door.

"Why didn't you come back to work?" He asked, pushing the door and coming inside.

"If you're here to pull that feat again..."

"I am engaged now" he scoffed, without caring for way it broke my heart "So I won't touch you anymore, don't worry"

You didn't seem to think like that in your office the other day. I thought.

"Why are you here then?"

"I am here as your boss"

"All you are is my ex. Ex boss, ex everything"

"I told you, your letter was rejected"

"I'm not a slave of yours, I can stop working for you anytime I want. By every law!"

He rubbed his temple.

"So that's what you have been learning from that lawyer boyfriend of yours?"

"None of your business. And you can leave while I'm still asking nicely"

"I won't give you a recommendation letter, and good luck finding a job with your shitty diploma"

"You can shove that recommendation letter up your you know where. I'll rather live on streets and eat grass than..."

"April, it's enough. Don't be such a baby and show up for work tomorrow"

"Are you for real?"

"You are not leaving, and that's final. If I have to tie you up and kidnap you for making you stay, then that's exactly what I am gonna do"

"You can do all the tying up and stuff with Irene once I'm gone."

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing much except that I had to resign from my job and a little boy forcing himself on me"

"Did you just call me a little boy?" he narrowed his eyes, folding his arms across his chest.

"Yes. A little boy. Maybe you look like a wrestler or something but you still think like a twelve year old "

"I think I can prove otherwise to you anytime" he said with a suggestive tone. Before I could reply, the bell started ringing.

"Is it that jerk? I'm going to teach him a lesson today!" he stormed towards the door.

"Hey wait Jungkook!" I raced behind him. I grabbed his waist but he was a lot powerful than me so it didn't stop him and I got dragged till the door just like that.

"I told you to stay away from her!" He shouted as soon as he opened the door.

"And why would I stay away from ma own daughter?" My mom was standing there with a hand on her hip and another holding her bag. Jungkook gave me a questioning look and I, who had her head peeping out from under his arm, pushed him away awkwardly.

"Mom!" I hugged her " I missed you so much!"

"Oh, I'm sorry uh.." I could see Jungkook struggling to find the right words to greet her.

"Do ya mind taking ma bags inside?" she asked a very flustered Jungkook, who nodded immediately and grabbed her bags, taking all of them inside at once.

"Is that the guy yo' marrying?" she asked, looking him up and down.

"What? no!"

"He's rude!" mom said quite audibly, head held up high as she entered."But has a nice ass" she commented as she scanned his backside. Jungkook wasn't exactly out of earshot and she had a loud voice naturally as well as habitually.

"MOM!" I yelled. "He can hear you!"

"So what? He just received a complement, he should be thankful!"

"Make yourself at home please!" I helped her take off her coat while rolling my eyes.

"I placed your bags uh.. there" Jungkook pointed at the neatly stacked luggage, his face was redder than I had ever seen.

"Good. You can leave now" I grabbed his arm and started pulling him towards the door.

"Hey let him stay, I wanna know more about my son-in-law"

"IT'S-NOT-HIM!!" I shouted while still trying desperately to pull him.

"What's going on April?" Jungkook asked, looking down at me, his voice was dead serious.

"Nothing."

"How can ya just throw out a thing like him outside! Gawd, look at them biceps!"

"MOM FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!"

"IS THAT HOW I RAISED YA?" she stood up. "WHERE YO CURSES AT!?"

No please don't use your amazing vocabulary of curses here, I already feel embarrassed enough.

"I'll talk to you latter. Just leave right now!"

"You better" he said as he pushed my hand away and left.

A/N:

Hi I just wanna say that I love you. you're my everything, this is for you 😘😘😘*Tae's voice*