ONE

*FIVE YEARS EARLIER*

You were a person who had this small, unstretchable comfort zone and didn't like going out of it. Ever. Normal people got excited at the thought of travel, you became anxious. Normal people loved changes, you detested them. Everything new scared you. You did not like meeting new people despite being an extremely likable and pretty person, you didn't like trying new foods and love was too much bother for you.

YOUR POV:

For about two years I had been trying to find a job but with little success. I wanted to support my mom and be of some help to her, but jobs were so scarce specially for someone who had no higher education other than a two year diploma.

I was typing my CV for yet another job application but it ended up something like...

Name : y/n

Nickname : April

Age : 20

Education : High School Graduate (Does that count?) A Diploma (Duration: two years) in Graphic Designing THAT'S NOT WORTH SHIT.

Marital Status : Single

Financial Status : Broke (af)

Employment Status : Unemployed (Currently, scratch that, DESPERATELY looking for a job)

Because my room mate Rebecca was having those "wild dreams" again.

"Mmmm right there. Oh yes, harder..."

"Is this hard enough?" I sighed and hit her with a pillow.

"BISH WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM HE HAD JUST STARTED..."

I ignored her because my phone started ringing. Am I the only human who gets a little panic attack every time their phone rings?

"BITCH YOU UP OR NO?"

Yup. That's my mom. A crazy but adorable woman, in short: my whole universe. She cursed a lot but that was just the way she was and I loved her.

"Why what happened?"

"BITCH YA FORGOT THAT BLOODY INTERVIEW OF YO'S ALREADY?"

I gasped. She had been bugging me about it for a week. I was so dead.

"I was... just getting ready" I lied, rushing towards my wardrobe.

" YOU WASN'T. AND I SWEAR IF YO UGLY ASS MISSES THIS ONE IMMA SPANK THE FUCKING DAY LIGHTS OUTTA YA"

"Mom stop shouting Rebecca will hear you"

I heard a loud sigh and she hung up.

Only to call me again when I was on my way.

"You got there yet?"

"Nope"

"Taxi?"

"Legs" Why does she always forgets that I have no freakin' money, that I can't afford luxuries like taxis and buses.

"Ah no bitch. Did you put on any make over?"

"Nope"

"No shit you gonna give them a fright. Alright just wear something on yo lips"

"Oh come on I'm not that ugly!!" I protested. "Also, I don't have anything on me right now"

"THEN BUY SOMETHING YEH WHORE" say hello to the only mom on planet who calls her daughter a whore. I didn't mind because... well, I was used to her calling me that.