FORTY TWO

JUNGKOOK'S POV:

I stood there, looking down at the tiny lights, from my penthouse.

The penthouse I bought for us.

The reason I wanted her to choose a place was only one; I wanted it for us. I wanted her to make a home out of this place for me. But somehow, nothing worked out. I kept on making mistakes, over and over... until I lost the one woman I loved. Until she held someone else's hand because she realized I didn't deserve her.

I remembered her eyes when she was looking at me amidst the golden fairy lights when I was putting the ring on Irene's finger... They were so sad and in shock, and how bad I wanted to tell her that the engagement didn't mean anything, but that Daniel was around her all the time and I didn't want to risk Irene's marriage and her father's life.

If only she had trusted me, but somehow... this thing, trust was too much to ask of her. She didn't trust me five years before, she wasn't going to trust me now.

And her voice when she told me that I had hurt her...

All those things she told me the other day, about how unfair i had been to her the whole time. How she wished she had never met me. She was right, I had hurt her more than she deserved. I had only thought about my own feelings, I never asked about hers for once.

And here I was, finally realizing that everything I had worked for, all those sleepless nights, all those nerve wrecking deals were for nothing because I couldn't get her. This place was useless because it would never be home without her.

All of this meant nothing anymore.

I was sipping the bitter coffee but my thoughts were more bitter.

Why did it have to be like this?

My stream of consciousness was disturbed by a call. And I started out immediately.

*

"There he is! My man!" a very drunk April grinned at me, accompanied by a very amused Irene.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I offered her a drink and um..." Irene explained.

I ran my fingers through my hair. As much as I wanted to avoid her, I was glad I could see her one last time.

"I'm leaving, sorry. I have to visit the hospital. Take care!" Irene stood up.

"But... what am I supposed to do with her?"

"Sort it out" she winked and left.

*

I took her up, bridal style, all the way to my penthouse in the elevator. She kept shouting random lyrics from 'I hate myself for loosing you' by Kelly Clarkson once in every two or three minutes. I opened the door and brought her in. After a little debate inside my head I decided to take her to my bedroom and sleep on the couch myself.

I took her inside the bedroom and put her in bed. This was probably going to be the last time I would see her. Probably the last time I touch her. She was going away because I didn't deserve her.

I stood up after giving her one last longing look and started towards the door but...

She held my hand. As I turned around and looked at her I saw her eyes glistening with tears in the dim light.

"April"

"Why don't you call me noona anymore? Do you hate me now?" she was up, sitting in the bed cross legged, still holding my hand.

"Ap.. N-noona, you should rest..."

"Did you just called me ape? Do I lookie like ape to you?" she tilted her head to a side and pouted. God, she looked cute.