bonus: save him

Playlist: The Scientist - Coldplay

After

"Shiro!" The scream rips through my throat as soon as he answers his phone. "Lance collapsed. He's throwing up flowers! Shiro, it's the Hanahaki Disease what do I do." Shiro was in the military, he's used to thinking on his feet. He doesn't ask questions, he just acts.

"Hang up. Dial 911 and tell them that he's collapsed. Make up an excuse as to why he need to go to the hospital." I'm crying so hard now. My hands are shaking and Lance doesn't look like he's breathing. He's so pale. God he's so pale.

"I don't think he's breathing Shiro." I sob, my voice cracking as I shake Lance's shoulders gently.

"Keith! Hang up! Call 911, do you remember how to check for a pulse? Do you remember how to do CPR?" When Shiro got back from the army, he taught me a lot of medical techniques he thought would be useful. When I used to go to the Garrison, they were impressed that I already had CPR down.

"I'm hanging up." I say before immediately pressing the end call button and switching to the call board to dial 911. Dispatch answers immediately.

"911 what's your emergency."

"I'm at Acadia University, just outside the Cooper Hall dorms by the F parking lot. My friend just collapsed. He said he was having chest pains and I don't think he's breathing." I quickly run through this batch of information before putting her on speaker and gently laying Lance on the ground as I begin to check for a pulse.

"Okay sir, calm down. Does he still have a pulse? Do you know how to check for that?" I already have my fingers to his neck, my other hand prepared to press them to the inside of his wrist. My own heart is beating so wildly in my chest I feel like I won't be able to tell. But I feel the steady beat bellow my fingers and I choke on a sob. "Sir are you okay?"

"Yes, He has a pulse. Please send an ambulance. I don't know what's wrong. I don't know what to do." Lance had been squeezing my hand so tightly just a minute ago and when he went limp, I felt like I had stopped breathing.

"I've already sent someone to your location sir. Can you stay on the phone with me?"

"Yes." I reply shakily.

"Good, now can you try to wake him. Do you have any cool towels or water nearby?"

"No." I wail. "We're outside." My head whips around wildly to see if there is anything nearby that might help, anything of use. But there's nothing. "Oh god Lance please wake up." I beg, shaking his shoulder. He groans slightly. "Kare o hogo suru. Kamiyo. Watashi wa nani mo motomenai. Kare o watashi kara ubawanaide kudasai." I say, just so the lady won't understand what I'm saying to him.

"Sir, hello are you still there? I can't hear you."

"I'm still here." I finally manage to spit out. "How far away are they? I need help now. He's barely breathing."

"They're five minutes out sir. Please stay calm. What's your name?" I don't see how that's relevant. I'm staring at Lance wondering if the last words I'll ever say to him are that I love him. I can't fucking believe it. I can't fucking believe it. Why didn't anybody tell us what was happening to him? Hunk had to have known right? Pidge? They've been secretive, too fucking secretive. I should've picked up on it. God damnit I watch Lance like a fucking hawk and yet I didn't realize that I was killing him. "Sir are you there? Can you tell me your name please?"

"Keith Kogane. The guy I'm with is Lance. Lance McClain."

"Okay and what is the nature of your relationship with him?"