0.5: pidge kicks ass

Playlist: Contagious- Orchestral Rendition -- Night Riots

Before

Ever since Pidge had given me her fidget cube, I've been able to concentrate better. I'm constantly playing with it under the desk or when I'm standing around talking to people, even when I'm in my room sometimes, talking to Hunk.

"You must really like that thing." Tristen commented one day at breakfast as I clicked the switch over and over, I nodded my head enthusiastically, swallowing the food in my mouth.

"My friend gave it to me." I explained. "She's really cool and has been helping me in science class." Tristen scoffed.

"You mean the class you joined, by dropping our speech class?" She was always bringing it up and it was hilarious. Aurora and I laughed together.

"Yeah! Sorry about that." She waves me away in a gesture that says, forget about it.

"So a friend huh?" Aurora wiggles her eyebrows up and down. "What's she like?" I shake my head at her.

"No, not like that. She's like you guys! She's really adorable and small and has kind of a loud voice. We're friends. She reminds me of my cousin."

"You make friends so easily." Aurora says, sitting back in her seat and pushing her eggs around on her plate. "I only have you and Tristen."

"That's all you need!" I shout happily, making everyone laugh. Aurora shakes her head at me.

"We have your sisters friends." Tristen adds. Aurora shrugs. She had told me about her sister. She called her the, older one, prettier one, smarter one before smiling at me tiredly. I could understand that. I was always being compared to my older siblings and everything she said about her sister is probably the product of what other people had told her.

"But they're my sisters friends. I don't know if I can count them just because they like me." Tristen says nothing else. They've probably had this conversation before. "Anyways, what's this friends name?" Aurora asked, changing the subject.

"Her name is Pidge."

"Pidge, that's an unusual name." Tristen muses.

"I like it. It's unique." And I liked it too. It almost suited her better than Katie.

----

During my next class with Pidge, we were working on an experiment, something about looking at plant cells and drawing them. I wasn't really good at that the microscope part but I could draw them pretty well so Pidge would adjust the microscope, I would look at the slides and draw what I saw and Pidge would copy it. We made a pretty good team. As class was finally coming to a close, I decided to pop the question.

"Hey Pidge, want to come over to our dorm tonight? Play video games with Hunk and I?" She eyed me skeptically, pushing back her hair.

"What kind of video games?" She questioned.

"We have Zombie Strikez, ReZort, Fire Squadron.."

"Do you have any games that aren't related to zombies?" I laughed as she wrinkled her nose.

"Yeah! Ground Force, Force Raiders, Red Streak..."