3.5: flowering

Playlist: Say Something - A Great Big World

After

The weird thing about coughing, when you're sick, is that once you get started, you almost don't want to stop. For a little while, coughing relieves that soreness. It makes it feel more real in a sense, like the pain isn't just in your head. What's different about the Hanahaki Disease is that, once I start coughing, once I start feeling those flower petals come out, I know I can't stop until the flower comes out. I've tried. It hurts too much to actually cough one up so once in a while, I tried to hold it back but that just leaves me chocking on flower petals. It's not fun. So I have to let it come up. I have to let it work it's way through my body.

What's even scarier to me though, is that sometimes, I want to cough up the flowers. It's my punishment for falling in love with someone and being to chicken to admit to those feelings. I keep running over the names in my head. Names of girls, of boys, of my friends. I love my friends, I know that much but am I in love with one of them? I think that's what my friends have been assuming. Pidge wants to scrap the first list Hunk and I made. She says it's not accurate but I don't know how it could be improved. What am I missing? What obvious clues are flying over my head?

----

"Stop cheating Kogane!" I shout at Keith, shoving his shoulder as he destroys my space cruiser yet again.

"You just think I'm cheating because I'm winning." Keith said with a grin, shoving me back.

"No, I think you're cheating because you're cheating." I countered. Keith laughed, tossing his head back and shaking his hair out a little.

"That's a stupid comeback. You've been off your game McClain. I think this cold is getting to your head." He said, poking my forehead as my character finally re-spawned.

"Not that there's much in his head." Pidge murmured from her spot at my desk, sitting backwards in the chair. I coughed a little and flipped her off. She didn't return the gesture though. Her face scrunched up in worry, her eyebrows arching down as she bit down on her bottom lip.

"Pay attention Lance." Keith said with a chuckle as I heard the familiar blaster sounds, my controller vibrating in my hands from his attack.

"You dick." I grumbled. Keith was still smirking next to me, like an idiot and I swore that I would destroy his character and his ego once and for all if I could just think straight. I had felt s little sluggish, my head a little clouded like I couldn't concentrate on anything for too long. Was that part of the Hanahaki Disease? Or was I just tired. Maybe the tiredness is part of the Hanahaki Disease. Who knows? I surely don't.

"Man, you're really not into this are you." Keith said as he killed me yet again. I shrugged, my shoulders feeling stiff and heavy. God I hope this weariness doesn't continue, I'll never be able to go to swim practice like this.

"Guess not. I'm kind of tired."

"You're always tired now. What's up?" He asked as I started to cough again. Please, no more petals please.

"The ceiling." Keith rolled his eyes at my dumb middle school joke. "I don't know. I just can't shake this cold I guess."

"That's why Allura keeps trying to give you those vitamins."

"I don't think vitamins will help." I heard Hunk murmur something but I didn't catch what he said. Keith on the other hand gave him a slightly confused look so maybe he heard him.

"I think they will. What's wrong with a little vitamin D?" I had to refrain from saying Vitamin Dick and instead, got up and started to stretch out my arms, which resulted in me yawning really loudly and then feeling like I was going to have another coughing fit.