Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Jade’s P.O.V.

‘Mom?’ I ask in disbelief. What was she doing here?!

‘Hi Jade. I thought I would come and check up on my daughter, since she hasn’t bothered with me for years.’ She scrunched up her nose at me. She looks exactly like I remember her; shoulder-length brown hair tied up into a tight bun, trouser suit, and glasses.

‘Oh I wonder why.’ I said sarcastically, hoping she wouldn’t hear.

‘What was that?’ she asked, taking a step closer.

‘Nothing. Look mom, what do you want?’ I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

‘We need to sort out your father’s will.’ She said, taking out a piece of paper. I nodded and took off down the hallway and outside to the bus, her hot on my heels. We stepped into the bus and I felt her stiffen behind me. ‘This place needs a good hoover.’

‘It’s not yours to clean, mom.’ I reminded her, sitting on the couch. She sat in one of the lounge chairs awkwardly, taking out the paper for a second time. ‘So what do I have to do?’

‘Well since you're 18 now, oh, Happy Birthday by the way,’ I scoffed at her but she pretended not to notice, ‘you get to claim what your dad left for you. As you know, your father was once a wealthy man-’

‘Yeah then you divorced him and took all of his money.’ I said before I could stop myself.

‘Don’t give me cheek young lady, I'm your mother.’ She glared at me.

‘Mother? You were never a mother to me. Never once did you ask me how I was, if I was ok, even after dad died. When I was crying at his funeral you told me to grow up. Grow up? I had grown up by the age of 10 thanks to you! Dad was both a mother and a father to me, do don’t ever call yourself my mother.’ I got angry at her. She just looked at me with the eyes of a devil.

‘And what about all of the money I gave you? Without me, you and your dad would have starved.’ She shot back.

‘Money? Is that all you think about?! There is more to being a mother than just supporting me financially. And you probably wouldn’t have cared if I did starve, and you definatly wouldn’t have cared if dad did.’ I spat at her, standing up due to rage.

‘Don’t you ever say that.’ She stood up too.

‘I just did. And I would say it again.’ I sent daggers in her direction with my eyes.

‘Can we just get this over with please?’ she sat back down, trying to be the bigger woman. I sat down as well, but kept sending her eye daggers. ‘So he left you two things. One is a cheque for 5,000 pounds that you may not have because he was broke when he died. The other is his house back in London, but that is being rented by a couple. You will now receive the rent, 350 a week, and that is all. You may kick them out at any time because they do not have a lease, but I recommend you don’t. They’re good tenants, you’ll be hard pushed to find better.’ She got up and dusted herself off. She nodded to me and made to leave, but I called her back.

‘Is there anything you would like to apologise for?’ I asked, giving her one last chance before I gave up.

‘Like what?’ she asked, trying to be innocent.

‘Oh I dunno, never being there for me and always being at work? Marrying my dad to get ahead in your career? Always putting literally everything else before me? Not even trying to contact me for my last two birthdays? For always being the person that made me scream into my pillow at night because I didn’t understand why I'm not good enough for you? For waltzing in here after two years of completely boycotting me and pretending like nothing happened? For not offering to pay for a good funeral for dad, so he had a shitty one with 20 people at it? Having multiple affairs with your colleagues while you and dad were still married? For making me believe that I wasn't pretty, or funny, or nice enough to mean anything to anyone? For making my self-esteem so low, that I considered taking my own life? For watching at the side-lines while my first boyfriend abused me? For always, without fail, making me consider you as a money machine and not a mother? For making me wish, on multiple occasions, that you’d had an abortion? For never being a mother to me? ANY of that appeal to you? ‘I stood there panting with my fists clenched.

‘No. Goodbye, Jade.’ She said, before turning on her heel and leaving the bus.

No. Goodbye Jade.

That’s all she had to say?

After me confessing to her that I had been suicidal, she just leaves?

After me pouring my heart and soul to her she just tells me goodbye?

And she wonders why I ignored her for 2 years.

I had to do something to get my anger out.

I had to release my emotions.

I had to do something, anything, to get the voice in my head to shut up.

I ran over to Niall’s guitar and note pad and started venting my feelings.

You broke me, and taught me, how to truly hate myself.

Unfold me, un-teach me, how to be like somebody else.

I wrote and wrote and wrote until, eventually, I had a song. Dad taught me how to play guitar a year before he died, so I put a melody to it. It sounded good, to be honest. (A/N song at the side!)

I decided to try and sing it. I knew I wasn't a very good singer, nowhere near as good as the lads, but I wasn't tone deaf either. It was an all right song. What I didn’t notice was a person sitting on the couch, listening to me.

‘Jade, that was really good.’ His familiar voice fluttered into my ears.

Hey y'all!! dramatic, right? lol i love dramatic shizz dont i?? ANYWAY i LLUURRVV <3<3 the vid at the side, it really relates to the story :) @EvalynOzera gets this ded, for being legendHARRY :) Comment? Vote? Fan? Bye? Bye.