Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Jade’s P.O.V.

‘JAADDEE!! WHY NOOOT?’ Niall whined as we walked past a fish and chip shop on the pier of the beach.

‘Because if you eat anymore you’re going to get as big as Paul!’ I said back and his face dropped.

‘Don’t. Insult. Paul.’ He said, trying to sound deadly but with his accent it just sounded cute.

‘Ok ok, we can get chips on the way back. Stop fighting you two.’ Liam settled our argument. Niall fist pumped for a few seconds before running up and jumping on Harry’s back. Harry then started running up the pier and jumped off, with Niall on his back, still in their clothes. Oh my weird and wonderful friends.

Me and Liam just shook our heads at Lou who jumped in straight after them. I looked at Liam and he looked back at me with the same mischievous grin on his face. He grabbed my hand and we sprinted past Zayn and into the water. It was just as cold as before, but I didn’t care this time. I was having fun, that’s all that matters.

I resurfaced to see all of the boys staring at me and Liam.

‘Wow, I didn’t think the parents of One Direction would jump.’ Harry smiled. I cocked an eyebrow at me and I laughed at his facial expression.

‘Since when am I the mother of you lot?’ I asked and they all shrugged. I nodded my head triumphantly and swam to the pier, hauled myself up, and looked down. The oversized t-shirt Louis gave me was drenched and see-through, so you could see my polka-dot bra. I laughed, still not caring. Why would I? These guys are my friends, they like me for me. I don’t have to pretend around them. I loved that.

‘Nice bra Jade.’ Zayn smiled at me. He didn’t jump in because he can’t swim. I nodded at his statement and laughed. He handed me a towel (Paul packed things for the beach, thank god) and I dried myself off the best I could. He shrugged off his Varsity jacket and handed it to me. I raised my eyebrows at him but he insisted. I took it gratefully and shrugged it on. I did a twirl and he laughed at me. ‘It looks better on you.’

I scoffed at him but he took my hands and forced me to look at him. His beautiful hazel eyes held sincerity and depth.

‘Jade, you're beautiful; don’t let anyone ever tell you different.’

-----

‘Jade! Battered sausage or fish?’ Niall called out from the fish shop.

‘Sausage!’ I called back. He nodded his head and went back in. it was getting dark now and we were all ready to head home, but Niall insisted on this first.

‘Louis tired.’ Louis walked over and laid his head on my shoulder. I patted his hair and smiled at him. They’ll all sleep tonight, including myself.

‘Jade tired too.’ I laid my head on top of his. Harry went around my other side and laid his head on the opposite shoulder. Zayn put his head on Harry’s shoulder and Liam put his head on Lou’s shoulder. I bet this looked really weird, but I was comfortable. That’s all that matters.

‘Lads? Oi lads? Fine so, more for me.’ Niall gently tapped my shoulder before running off down the street. Liam was after him before I could think. Haz and Zayn were like bullets down the road chasing his as well. Lou, on the other hand, stayed back and draped an arm around me.

‘Are you sleeping at ours again tonight? We have to leave tomorrow though…’ he said and I felt my heart drop. I always forget that I am now friends with a worldwide sensation. Balls.

‘Well I better make the most of my final moments, ay?’ I smiled weakly at him and he squeezed my shoulders. We caught up to the others stuffing their faces with chips. Niall ran over to me and hugged me like a child. ‘What’s wrong Nialler?’