Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Jade’s P.O.V.

After getting myself looking presentable, I hopped onto the bus yet again. I had to stop into work to drop off some papers before I went to the One Direction show. I wasn't a big fan of One Direction, but it’s not like I had anything against them. Why would I? They’re out there, living the dream and I'm stuck in a dead end job with little pay and a super annoying boss. Why wouldn’t I like them? Ok, so maybe I was little jealous, but that is it I swear.

I walked into my boss’s office and I was told to sit down. The little plaque at the front of his desk read “Robert Mulley”. He had a little office, with a large desk and chairs which made things seem even more cramped. He had stray papers thrown all over the room, only adding to the claustrophobic feel of the place.

‘Miss Powers,’ said my boss, ‘I’m afraid that I am going to have to let you go.’ He said. I felt my heart lighten.

‘Why?’ I asked excitedly. The only reason why I didn’t quit this shitty job is that my mother knew the owner. But if they were getting rid of me, it wasn't my fault, right?

‘Budget cuts I'm afraid. It’s nothing personal.’ He said. He pushed the bridge of his glasses up his nose and straightened his back. ‘You don’t seem too sad though.’ He raised an eyebrow at me. Fuck it, you only live once.

‘Sure I hated working here. I hate all of the people here, most of all you. The only reason why I'm still here is my mother. Since I'm not going to be here anymore, I am going to tell you things that may improve things around here. Laura called in sick last night because I told her to. She was way too high to come into work. Also, she has been using this bloody store as a drugs hive. She is a drug dealer, and you are extremely naïve.’ I stood up and brushed down my pants. ‘Now if you don’t mind, I have to go and meet a complete stranger that made my arse vibrate.’

I got up and walked out of the office. Once I was sure that no one could see me I started doing a little happy dance. I’M FREE! I can sleep in and go out and make friends and, most of all, NOT WORK! Whoop whoop!

I decided to walk the rest of the way to the concert as I was feeling happy and it wasn't too far. I kept on humming a song that I made up as I went along and could feel a spring in my step.  I kept on getting weird side glances off people going about their daily shizz, but I couldn't care less. When I reached the stadium I went around the back. There were hundreds of screaming girls around but I just walked up to the bodyguard. All of the girls eyed me suspiciously, but I felt like I had a bubble of protectiveness around me. As if nothing could hurt me.

‘Cheesy Maracas.’ I said to the bouncer. He nodded and opened the door for me. There was a lady waiting just inside the door.

‘Hello dear, what can I do for you?’ the elderly lady asked. She had slightly greying hair and wore horn-rimmed glasses perched at the tip of her nose.

‘Hello, am, I'm looking for Lou? I have his phone…’ I trailed off as I took it out of my pocket. She looked down at the clip board she was holding, running her finger down a list of people’s names.

‘Are you Jade Powers?’ she asked, peering at me over the top of her granny glasses.

‘That’s me.’ I chirped cheerily. She nodded her head and started walking down the hall. I followed her, assuming that’s what she meant.

‘You seem very happy today.’ She smiled at me as we turned a corner.

‘Yeah, I got laid off today.’ I smiled she furrowed her eyebrows at me and looked at me like I was crazy before turning away. I guess it is a rather odd reason to be happy, but she can’t dampen my mood. No one can at this stage.

‘Ok, that’s his dressing room.’ She said, about to walk off. What? Why did he have his own dressing room? I thought only people who are preforming got dressing rooms? She obviously saw the confusion on my face and took my hand in a motherly fashion. ‘You do know that you have Louis Tomlinson’s phone, right?’

Wrong. I did not know that. I felt my yes grow unbelievably large as my eyebrows rose up my face. How could I not have noticed this sooner? I'm so stupid! That’s why he couldn't leave his house without a body guard? Ugh, and I called my boss naïve.

She squeezed my hand reassuringly and left. I was left there, my throat ceased up and my hands clammy and my throat dry. Could I just leave his phone outside his dressing room? Yeah, that’s a good idea. I bent down just as the door opened. I shot up to look at a confused Louis Tomlinson.

‘Hello!’ he chirped cheerily, like I did a second ago. But that feeling left me long ago, I was now petrified. I looked at him with wide eyes. ‘What can I do you for?’

‘I… am… I… phone… yeah, phone!’ I stuck the phone in his face. He looked slightly taken aback before he took the phone from me.

‘Ok…,’ he said slowly, ‘you must be Jade?’ he looked at me with those beautiful eyes. He was wearing a blue striped t-shirt and red jeans. He looked extremely cute, but as I said before, I'm not pretty.

‘Yeah,’ I said once I slightly gathered my composure, ‘It’s nice to meet you. Why didn’t you tell me you were you?’

‘Well I kind thought you would catch on.’ He smiled at me. ‘Obviously you didn’t.’

His smile made my knees weaken so I leaned onto the wall next to me, trying to make myself look cool. I don’t think it worked, because he furrowed his eyebrows at me.

‘Are you all right?’ he asked me. No, but was I ever?

‘Yeah. I better get going.’ I stood up once my knees built up a bit of power.

‘I can’t just let you leave babe, you returned my precious baby.’ He said as he clutched his phone to his chest. I laughed lightly at him and he smiled.

‘What do you suggest so?’ I raised an eyebrow at him.

‘Be a stage girl.’ He smiled at me.

‘What’s that in English?’ I ask.

‘One of the people who come onstage and we sing to during the concert. Please? You seem fun.’ He pouted his bottom lip. I could feel my knees going again and my breath catch in my throat, so I just nodded my head. Normally I would have said no, but it’s not like I'm doing anything tonight and I just couldn't say no to that pouty face.

‘Great! Come in here, our make-up artist will do you up, not that you need it.’ He winked at me. He’s right, I didn’t need it, it wouldn’t do any good. I’d still be Jade, socially awkward Jade. He grabbed my hand and brought me into his dressing room.

‘Guys, this is Jade, she will be a stage girl. She was the one who had my phone.’ He talked to the other members of One Direction. I know I may come across as slightly calm, but that was due to the fact that I didn’t really know them. They were in the X Factor while I was watching it, but I never really kept track after that.

‘Hi Jade, I'm Harry.’ One of the boys got up to give me a hug. I took it gratefully because it hid my big red face.

‘I'm Niall, the Irish one.’ A blonde haired boy came up for a hug next.

‘I'm Zayn.’ Said a boy with a slight quiff and tanned skin said next.

‘Liam, at your service.’ He did a little bow and I laughed. He also pulled me into a hug.

‘And I'm LOUIS! But you can call me the swagmasta from doncasta.’ He said waving his hands over his hands and screaming at the top of his lungs. I looked around to the other boys but they seemed more interested in me than what Louis was doing.

‘Don’t worry about him, he’s just weird.’ Harry smiled down at me, flashing his adorable dimples. I smiled back up at him. He seemed nice, but I got a feeling he was trying to be charming. Why was he trying to be charming? He definatly wasn't doing it for me, so he must have been doing it for Louis. Yeah, that’s it.

‘Well you better get ready for the show; you're on in an hour.’ Niall smiled down at me.

Well this should be interesting.

Hey! Picture of Jade at the side. Comment, vote and fan if you want to :D