Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Jade’s P.O.V.

‘I wouldn’t mind at all.’ I told Louis. His normally beautiful bright eyes were clouded over and his hat pushed his hair back, revealing the worry lines that lay creased on his flawless forehead.

‘Well, what you need to know is El cheated on me, not like bad but it was a drunk kiss with an old friend,’ he looked at me and I nodded, ‘so I forgave her. I never really forgave her fully and was always paranoid and she started getting sick of it. That’s when she started talking about Harry a lot…’ he clenched his teeth as he said Harry’s name.

‘Did Eleanor cheat on you with Harry?’ I asked, shocked. He took a deep breath and nodded his head. WHAT?! Harry would never do that! Would he? I mean, I have only known him a day but he didn’t seem to be the type of person to do that.

‘They didn’t do anything serious, just a kiss. Or so I'm told.’ He put his head in his hands. I went over and placed my hands on his cheek and forced his head up. His eyes had silent, innocent tears streaming out of them. I wiped them away with my thumb. He shouldn’t be sad, it doesn’t suit him. I'm used to the upbeat, crazy Louis, I liked him. This Louis made me sad, and being sad didn’t suit me either.

‘If she cheated on you twice, then she isn't right for you. She doesn’t love you enough to be faithful.’ I was honest with him. I used to hate when people lied to me and say that Darren would get better; all I wanted was an honest opinion. I'm guessing that’s what he wanted too.

‘What’s wrong with me?’ he looked at me with watery eyes, ‘Why am I not good enough for her? I tried so hard Jade, I really loved her…’

I stood up and I made him stand up too. I cupped his soft cheek with my hand and brushed away a stray tear with my thumb.

‘Nothing is wrong with you Lou, you're perfect, she just doesn’t realise that yet.’

Louis’ P.O.V.

‘Nothing is wrong with you Lou, you're perfect, she just doesn’t realise that yet.’ She said sweetly as her dark chocolate eyes pleaded with my own. If I was perfect then why would she pick Harry? Why would she cheat on me, not once, but twice? Why would she want me to feel helpless and worthless and insecure if I was perfect? I never put Jade down as the type to lie, but a big one just escaped her lips.

‘Jade?’ I asked, stepping closer to her. I could feel her heartbeat pick up and her breath hitch in her throat.

‘Y-yes Lou?’ she stuttered. I let a small grin spread on my lips.

‘Thank you.’ I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a loving embrace. She stood frozen for a few seconds before she responded by hugging me back. I loved how I could make her so dazed and disorientated just by looking her in the eye or grabbing her hand. I felt the sparks whenever our cells touched, the energy whenever she looks at me; but what worries me most is that I never felt any of that with Eleanor. Whenever me and Eleanor touched it felt normal, like grabbing Niall’s hand or something. For the last couple of months whenever we talked it was just tension and stress filled, but with Jade, things seemed so easy.