chapter ten

"Jungwoo is alive."

"what?! is that even possible?"

"I don't know, I just bumped into him, and uhm."

"and what?!"

"he is with another guy who is totally protective to him. Like, I bumped into Jungwoo and the guy shouted at me for not saying sorry. I guess Jungwoo has a protector."

"maybe that guy was not Jungwoo."

"no, I swear i-it's Jungwoo!"

"bring me a detective."

"okay."

---

Jungwoo stumbled on uneven pavement and he fell.

"hyung!" Lucas shouted and he grabbed Jungwoo's hand.

"hyung, stand up!" Lucas said to him.

Jungwoo stood up carefully with the help of Lucas. Lucas looked at him and he saw Jungwoo's eyes were brimming with tears.

"m-my ice cream." Jungwoo shut his eyes closed and he started crying.

Lucas can't believe what is happening right now. He pulled Jungwoo and he let him sit on a bench. He stood infront of Jungwoo and he stroked the other male's hair.

"seriously, hyung? I thought you are crying because you stumbled but you actually cried because your ice cream fell." Lucas said that made Jungwoo cry even more.

"Hyung, do not cry. Here you can have my ice cream." Lucas said with a smile.

Jungwoo opened his eyes, he gladly took the ice cream from Lucas' hand and he started eating it with a blush creeping onto his face.

"thank y-you." Jungwoo said.

Lucas shook his head while smiling and he wiped off Jungwoo's tears using his thumb.

He grabbed the tissue and he wiped Jungwoo's mouth when he finished eating the ice cream.

"here drink some water." Lucas opened the bottle of water and handed it to Jungwoo.

Jungwoo handed it back to Lucas after drinking it and he stood up.

"do you want to go somewhere else?" Lucas asked and he put an arm around Jungwoo's shoulder.

"I-I don't know where, b-because when m-my father died. M-mom w-won't allow me to g-go out. s-so I don't know w-where to go." Jungwoo said with a pout.

Suddenly, they heard NCT U's boss and it took time when Lucas realized that someone is calling him. He quickly fished his phone from his pocket and he answer it immedietly, knowing that his mom was calling him.

"hello mom?"

"heyz! finally you answered! how are you and Jungwoo?"

"we're great mom, right now we are outside and just finished eating ice cream."

"oh! take care, okay?"

"okay mom, you should take care too."

"I left a couple of bucks under your bed. please use them properly."

"yes we will. do you want to talk to Jungwoo?"

"uhm. okay."

Lucas smiled, he gave the phone to Jungwoo and he took it hesistanly before saying 'hello'.

Lucas tilted his head and he looked at the stuttering male. He started thinking how would a person like Jungwoo's mom will hate such precious boy like Jungwoo. Lucas was lost in his thought.

Lucas snapped out of his trance when Jungwoo started tugging his shirt.

"what?" Lucas asked softly.

Jungwoo didn't answer but he slipped Lucas' phone to his pocket. Lucas blushed at the simple action and he looked everywhere but Jungwoo's face.

"Let's go home." Lucas said and he started walking, leaving Jungwoo behind.

Jungwoo run to catch Lucas and he clung to him.

They head back home with a smile creeping onto their faces.

ㅡend of the chapter ten, to be continued 。