Chapter 17

Darkness.

That was what she saw the minute she woke up.Groaning,she sat on her bed.

"What time is it.."she muttered under her breath,clearly knowing it was very,very late.

She grabbed her phone that was still charging,almost reaching ninty-seven percent.It was four in the morning.Her eyes furrowed.It was one of those nights.
Where she'd wake up in the middle of nowhere and can't go back to sleep.It was normal,but she hated it.Pills.Sleeping pills

She needed them.But she doesn't want to go see a psychiatrist just to get some stupid pills.
They were a waste of time.
Saying bullshit.

"We care for you" "you're not alone." "Someone out there will love you." "You can always talk to us."

What fuckery is this,what do they know?

She pinched the bridge of her nose and slowly got up from her bed.
She needed a cup of coffee.
That was the only way she could survive the day.She disliked the bitterness of the caffeine.But she had no choice but to take it.Sleeping now would only make her more tired.

She walked down the hallway,the darkness made it feel smaller than before.Just as she was heading to the kitchen,she caught his hair sticking out of the couch.

Karma?

As quiet as possible,she made her way to the sleeping red head.He was a quiet sleeper,unlike her.He looked peaceful,unlike his normal façade he kept everyday.That mischievous smile was now gone and replaced with a thin line.

She felt a small smile creeping up her face,watching him asleep.
Of course she wanted to play with his hair,she wanted to tousel with it,but she remembered.

He likes someone.

She sighed,she shouldn't think much,after all.
She wasn't supposed to be loved,she always followed that rule everyday.

She made her way to the kitchenette,it was darker than her own bedroom.The blinds were closed,no moonlight entering the dark part of the house.She opened the blinds a little,making sure some light could come in.

Turning on the switch might wake her friend up after all.Carefully,she picked up the ceramic mug and grabbed those packeted coffee powder.She tore the packet open and poured it down the cup.Placing it away she grabbed a kettle next,she turned on the tap water to heat up in the kettle.

So she waited.
And waited.
It felt like hours passed by.
Then she heard faint screeching like noise.
The water has been boiled.

Carefully,she opened the lid,and placed to the side,beside the mug.Just as she was about to reach for the mug,her wrist hit the hot surface of the lid of the kettle,she hissed in pain,the touch of burning hot metal took her by surprise.

She quickly grabbed the mug and placed it in front of her.She looked at the wrist and saw a huge red mark from the burn.She face palmed.

I'm too tired to care.

She thought to herself.She poured the hot water into the mug and took a spoon the mix the mixture.After a minute,the powder was fully mixed with the hot water,making it coffee.

She placed the kettle away as she grabbed the jar of sugar,she wanted to coffee to at least taste a little sweet.
After all she hated the bitterness.

She placed the jar and popped open the lid,scooping up a spoonful of sugar and mixing it with the already stirred coffee.Satisfied,she placed the jar back and slowly carried the cup of coffee to the dining table,which was coincidentally close to where the sleeping red head was.

She went back to her room to grab her phone,seeing as it was fully charged.She glanced at her jacket that had her packet of cigarettes.

Maybe...
yeah.
I should probably.

She fished the dark red jacket that was hanging from the hanger and wore it around herself.She was wearing a baby blue colored shirt and a pair of tights that was sticking on her skin.

She went back out,with her wallet and phone and sat back at the dining table,where her hot coffee had cooled down a little.She wrapped her hands around it and picked it up,sipping the drink before leaving the house,as quiet as she possibly could.

[Hi its me,the author.Sorry I haven't been updating,I'm still on hiatus I guess,school has been pretty rough as always and I'm not coping with stress well.To top it off my internet is spoiled and one of my female cats Gave birth last week.Today marks the babies 1 week of age! :D they're so adorable. DemonicLions ]