John's art teacher

Alex POV

Some time later

I sat on my bed, alone. John was still in classes, apparently some really important thing happened to his teacher. I was about to go call him, when I got a call myself.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Um... This is Laf. I need to tell you something. I would have told everyone all at once, but I'm too socially awkward for that..." Lafayette explained.

"Continue."

"I'm Nonbinary." He- they said.

"Holy shit, how long have you known?" I asked.

"Oh, I've known my gender since middle school!" They exclaimed.

We continued having small talk until he had to go. Bleh, I was so lonely. Oh yeah, I had to call John. I tried calling like fifty times, but he wouldn't answer. After that, I tried texting. No use.

Maybe Eliza was free...? I ended up just texting her though.

[Private Message]

Alex: Hey can you come to my place? I'm lonely and John is out for awhile ;)

Eliza POV

Fuck. He didn't really know how emojis worked, but still, you're not supposed to send winking faces to your friends. I decided to just explain it to him later.

I agreed, and walked to his dorm. I got there pretty quick, and knocked three times before he answered.

"Eliza! You're here!" Alex exclaimed.

"Yup, I'm here." I said, awkwardly.

"Come in!" He replied.

"That's what she said!" I joked.

He laughed. We watched movies, played board games, and scrolled through tumblr until John got there, and had to talk to him alone, so I left.

John POV

I had just gotten back from my the hospital, my art teacher was dead. Well, not actually, but she would die.

I walked into my dorm, Alex and Eliza both on their phones, while watching old Disney movies.

"Hey Eliza..? Can you leave? I need to talk to Alex alone." I asked, coldly.

"Oh... yeah. See you guys later!" Eliza exclaimed, then left.

"What's wrong honey" Alex asked, walking over to me to kiss my cheek.

"My art teacher is going to die..." I mumbled, tears filling the corners of my eyes

"John, I'm so sorry... right before graduation too. What happened?" He replied.

"She has cancer... I also saw James at the hospital too? I'm not sure why though." I remembered.

"Huh, that's weird. I mean, I know he isn't the healthiest person ever, but..." He trailed off.

We had a bit of small talk, then finished up the Disney movies he and Eliza were watching, then went to bed.

okay quick announcement. This is the second to last chapter. However, I will be making a sequel that I hope won't be too shitty???? We all know how sequels can be. Also, school has started back up again for me so things might run a bit slow. Thankfully, I only have like 8 weeks of school left.