The boys in lovvee

Alex POV

Two weeks later

I sat in bed, with thoughts racing through my head. Was he avoiding me? Ever since I met his friends, he seemed slightly more distant.

Nobody seemed to tell me what was wrong. What was wrong with me? What had I done to hurt him? Why did everything have to be my fault?

I decided to text Eliza, she loved giving advice after all.

[Private Message]

Alex: Is something wrong with John? He seems kinda upset about something.

Elizard:do you want the truth?

Alex:Yes that's exactly what I just asked for.

Elizard:So he's had a massive crush on you since you guys first met. He just gets upset easily. All he really wants is you. Maybe hang out with him more?

Alex: okay I'll try that

Alex:WAIT

Elizard:yeah?

Alex: HE HAS A CRUSH ON ME????

Elizard:Yup! Just don't tell him I told you!

Alex:okay

What the hell? John liked me? I decided to instantly talk to him. I needed to close to him. I at least wanted to get to know him a bit better before I asked him out. Or he asked me out...?

I knocked on his door. I would just ask him if I could study in his room. If he asked why, I'd just give him some dumb reason.

"Yea-oh hi. Need anything?" He asked.

"Umm... can I study in your room?"

"Sure... why?"

"Because I like being with you."

His face turned red at what I had said.

"Come in... sit wherever you want." He said, gesturing me to come in. Then, he sat down on his bed. I sat down next to him.

We sat there for about twenty minutes before I realized I had done all of my assignments.

"So... how's it going?" I asked.

"Pretty crummy actually. You?"

"Why's that?"

"Alex I said what about y-"

"I know what you said. I just care more about you."

He was flushed as hell now. It was cute.

"Well... I don't know how to tell you... I think I'm in love. I'm not sure how to know if they like me. If they even like people like me..."

"Just tell them. You never know when they could disappear."

"I guess you're right Alex. I promise I will when I'm ready. I think I'm close. But really, you?"

"Oh! Yeah... it's been okay. I've kind of been feeling like I'm missing something, but I'm okay now."

"Well that's good."

We both just kind of sat there, avoiding any eye contact at all. By now, my small crush had become a lot bigger.

He was just so perfect. He was handsome, artistic, honest, and funny. Basically, extraordinary.

***

Thomas POV

I headed to class extra early, hoping to beat Alex. If I did, I could write on his desk or something. I thought about all the things I could write.

Bastard

Orphan

Immigrant

Unfortunately, he was already there, like always.

"Well if it isn't the arrogant immigrant!" I laughed. Nobody else was there to stop me.

"Why can't you be a decent person for once?" Alex asked.

"Why can't you shut up, bastard?" I shot back.

He obviously didn't seem in the mood for it, so he ignored me.

"Okay fine, orphan." I said.

Soon, other people flooded the room. The teacher walked in and began the lesson. It was boring as hell, so I looked to see what Alex was doing. He was doodling hearts in the margin of his paper.

I wanted to see who he was crushing on, so I stopped him right before he left for the day.

"Hey."

"What do you want?"

"Who do you have a crush on?"

"That's none of your business.

"Yes it is."

"Get out of my way."

I continued bothering him, until Angelica just had to intervene.

"Just stop Thomas." She said.

"You guys are no fun." I mumbled, walking off.

Overall, the day was pretty uneventful. It was easy to get to Alex, but it was harder now.

John POV

I was sitting on the couch, contemplating what the hell I should do. My mind was racing.

Ask him out

Ask him out

Ask him out

Ask him out

However, every time I thought of how I should do it, my mind went blank.

I heard Alex struggling to open the door, as always, and got up to help him. He walked in, and thanked me.

We sat down on the couch, silent. He seemed like he really wanted to tell me something, but didn't have the courage. He also seemed more sleep deprived than usual.

"Everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, just tired I guess." He answered.

I got out my sketchbook and started drawing. Alex watched me, and complimented every so often. He seemed too amazed.

"How long have you been drawing?" He asked.

"About five years I think..." I responded.

He watched for another half hour before speaking again.

"I'm gonna go do homework."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

He walked into his room and soon I could hear typing. That boy wrote like he was running out of time. I continued drawing, but it wasn't the same. Usually I hated when people watched me draw, but Alex was different. I enjoyed his presence. That was what was extraordinary about him.