I hate you

John POV

I woke up from a strange dream... about Alex being eaten by Philip? I knew it was simply a nightmare, and that I shouldn't worry about it, but just to make sure, I reached over to hold my lover. He wasn't there.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. The 3:04 moonlight glimmering through my window, casting light onto the spot where Alex should have been. I stumbled over to what used to be his room, now turned into an office, and leaned against the door frame. He didn't seem to notice me, so I walked closer.

"Alex, come back to sleep. Can you please take a break tonight?" I asked groggily.

"I have an important meeting with Mr. Washington early today, Before dawn. I need to work a bit before I get ready in a few minutes." Alex murmured.

"Dude, it's like 3 AM! I doubt Washington is even awake right now." I argued.

"Oh... fuck. Well, since I'm already up and wide awake-"

"Nope, not today! Good try though!" I cut Alex off, then carried him bridal back to the bedroom.

"All I want to do is work, what's wrong with that?" He reasoned, while I sat him down.

"Oh, so you don't want to do me?" I asked, knowing he hated when I made a dirty joke during an argument.

"John! You know I hate that! I hate arguing! I hate my classmates! I hate everyone! I hate hate everything!" He complained.

Okay, this was serious. He obviously wasn't in the best of moods, no shit, and I didn't know what to do. This wasn't he first time he's complained about hating everything, though. However, I never knew what to say in the moment. For some reason, my emotions decided that I should be angry, unfortunately.

"You hate everything? You hate me? Cause earlier this night I was fucking you. You hate that too? Is that why you want Jefferson-"

"Don't bring him into this! Or what happened! It has nothing to do with-"

We were basically cutting each other off left and right at that point.

"You're the one who brought hating me into this! You know what? I can't stand you right now! You can sleep in your office instead!" I yelled, pointing to my door.

He was silent for a moment, then left, mumbling about something I couldn't understand.

Alex POV

Fuck. Had John just broken up with me? I was trying not to cry.

He was going to leave, just like everyone else. I knew it. Right when I saw his perfect face I knew, he's going to leave when I need him most.