Spoopy dreams

John POV

Classes felt like they were becoming longer, and I didn't know why. I was in my final class, when Peggy ran up to me.

"Hey! I'm sitting next to you today! Don't ask why." She said.

"Umm ok...?" I replied.

It was suspicious, but I mean ok.  

The day finally ended, and I headed back home. I couldn't wait to see Alex.

***

I heard the usual knock (Alex had given up on even trying to open the door) and  got up to answer it. To my surprise, it was Theodosia.

"So, I need to tell you something. I heard from Eliza that she heard from Angelica that Alex and Jefferson got in a really big fight. Like, physical dude. Apparently it was a few days ago, but I just found out. I'm not sure if Alex got hurt, but maybe check on him?" She explained.

"Great. Thanks for telling me, I'll see if he's okay." I sighed.

A few minutes after Theodosia left, Alex knocked on the door.

"So tell me, did you get in a fight with Jefferson?" I asked, opening the door.

"What? No, n-no way. Why would you think that?" Alex lied.

"You're absolute shit at lying, Alexander."  I replied, both of us sitting down on the couch.

"I'm not- ok, fine, I got in a fight! Big deal!"

"I just want to know if you're okay."

"I'm fine! Everything's fine..."

"Alex I-"

"I'M FINE, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" He yelled.

"O-Okay." I mumbled.

I wasn't sure why he was being so defensive. But I knew I should respect his wishes, so I stood up.

"W-Wait! Where are you going?" He asked.

Alex POV

"Away from you."

The words felt like knives through my heart as I watched him leave. What the hell had I done? I ran after him.

"Don't leave!" I said.

"Isn't that what you want?" John asked.

"No, I just... I'm not in a great mood." I answered.

"No shit Sherlock." He replied.

"Please don't leave me!"

"Honestly, fuck you Alexander Hamilton."

In that moment, everything hurt. It couldn't be real, could it? I stood there while he walked away. Tears ran down my cheeks.

"Alex... Alex!? Wake up!" A familiar voice spoke.

I looked around, I was in bed. John was the one who had woken me up. I looked up at him, and he had a concerned look on his face .

"Are you okay? You were talking in your sleep, and then you started crying."

"Don't ever leave me again!" I cried.

"What? What the hell are you talking about?" He asked.

"You know what I'm- oh. It was a dream..." I realized.

"Uh, Yeah. What happened?"

"Well we got in a fight and you broke up with me and I got super sad and I didn't know what to do and so-"

I was cut off by his lips crashing into mine. The feeling flooded my senses. It was too perfect, everything about him. After a few minutes, we pushed away, catching our breath. I couldn't really fall asleep, so he turned on some Mean Girls, while I read. It wasn't too long until he fell asleep in my lap.