CHAPTER 4 - Twisted Games

“Welcome to the 30th Grand Battle Rounds!!! Give a round of applause for the Headmaster of Neshamal.”

The jarring sound of applause from the crowd masked the seething disapproval of some ambitious royalties from other kingdoms, while those in favour of peace and unity of the people of Chamael rejoiced in the yearly gathering of all classes in every kingdom. The Leydig – fishermen of Cetus, the Ectod – farmers/hunters/lumberjacks of Cetus although most were originally from Neshamal, the Malacos – builders of Antares, the Optera – merchants/traders of Antares although half were from Cetus, the Pythos – forgers of Ophi, and the Lissam – miners of Ophi all displayed their ardent approval for a unified Chamael. While the warriors of the kingdoms from where the royalties arise – the Gavial of Cetus, the Arach of Antares, and the Sauria of Ophi – nonchalantly applauded, some to hide their disapproval, and some out of respect for the seasoned man of courage who stood before them. His silver gray locks gave away his age but it also symbolised his wisdom and power evident in the robustness of his stance, and the sweeping influence of his speech.

                “I, Viktor, extend to you my sincere gratitude for the overwhelming support that you’ve continually given to this annual celebration of the gifts of each kingdom, all geared towards the peace, unity, strengthening and protection of the people of Chamael with the blessing of the holy Heraldry of Circa. Being the 30th year of this celebration, and with 2 winning warriors from each team in Neshamal – namely Canis, Aves, and Felida – the Council has decided to  allow each warrior to choose a teammate and compete as a pair. However, the chosen teammate can only intervene once in the entire battle. This is to provide a chance for all of the warriors to display their magnificent gifts, and to serve as a test of effective teamwork, while upholding the integrity of the rules where the winner of the elimination battle rounds must compete with each other as decided by fate. As a reminder, the penalty of killing a participant is permanent disqualification to the prize of becoming the top 3 warriors to join the elite squadron of Osiris.  This is not a death match, but a test of control of power and attitude. Let the Grand Battle Rounds begin!”

The OMEGAजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें