CHAPTER 2 - Ensnared Reality

“HELP!!! Please! Stop! I give up! Stop!!! Ahhh!!!”

 Bella’s piercing screams for mercy echoed through the arena, forcing Eve’s nightmares to come alive in her head repeatedly enough to drive her to the brink of madness. Reality turned to a blur and the commotion in the arena was drowned by the echoing screams for mercy of the faceless people begging for her to kill them.

“Eve? Eve!!!”

 His deep voice startled her enough to break the trance that captured her sanity. Unaware of the horrified expression plastered on her face, she absentmindedly responded, “What’s with all the yelling?”

 Though baffled with the incoherence of her response to the intense reality, he just shrugged it off and reoriented her to reality.  

 “Bella - she’s alive. Chloe saved her just in time from that sick bastard.”

Turning to the arena, Eve gasped at a stunned and disarmed Caspian, and more so at the barely recognisable Bella – horrified pale face and dishevelled ebony hair bloodied with the rest of her body covered in the crumbled prison of sand that once tortured her. The screaming bloody faces in her nightmares immediately threatened to ensnare her grasp of reality, but he once again intervened just in time.

 “Quit looking like you’re horrified. It’s not like you haven’t killed anyone. Besides, we both know you never really liked her anyway.”

Taken aback with his uncensored comment, she snapped back, “Mind your own business, Scorpius. And quit acting like you’re any different from Caspian. He finds enjoyment in killing while you falsely lead on people for fun. Bella barely makes it alive either way.”

Though finding her comment insulting but amusing at the same time, he would not admit to the latter and just kept silent even as she added, “Except even Chloe, no matter how good a referee she is in disarming and dodging attacks, cannot save Bella from having her heart broken.”