+44+

a few hours later, awsten and brendon had spoken about pretty much everything: their music tastes, funny and weird experiences, and family and friends. they'd gone through quite a bit of hot chocolate and coffee - brendon had more than awsten, because the nurse came in and told awsten that it was bad for him. of course he argued, saying he was fine, but those sorts of things don't work with nurses. if he was completely honest, brendon didn't think it was overly good for him either - awsten seemed as if he was on a sugar high all the time anyway, let alone giving him chocolate on top of that.

"wait, you've had so much coffee, have you actually slept? because if you need that much coffee, you have a slight problem dude. i know coffee is addicting, but you really don't need that much. i'm not really one to talk - i drink loads of it - but i don't drink that much in the space of two hours." awsten said, stating his concern. he'd been a little worried about brendon pretty much from the moment he'd walked in, but awsten hadn't said anything. brendon looked so sleep deprived, it seemed unhealthy. there were clear bags around his eyes - it almost looked as if he had two black eyes.

"i haven't slept since i found out ryan was in a coma. i think that was on sunday. today's thursday, right? i've had naps, but honestly i've just relied on coffee most of the time. the most i had was five hours, and that was on tuesday night i think. my parents basically had me on lockdown in my bedroom, so i kind of had to sleep." brendon explained, looking down. "i've just been so worried. i also feel bad, but i've already had that discussion with halsey and spencer." he hinted that he wanted to end the conversation. awsten nodded, seeming to understand. 

"hey, it's four thirty. your friends will be here soon, right? jawn just text me saying that my friends are checking in." awsten put his phone down. to be honest, brendon hadn't even noticed that he'd picked it up. brendon nodded. in a way, he was glad that awsten's friends were here. of course he enjoyed awsten's company - he loved it - but he didn't think that there was much else to talk about, except the subject of ryan - and brendon didn't particularly want to talk about that. it just put him in a bad mood. also, brendon's never been the best at social interaction - let alone someone he met a less than three hours ago. brendon took out his phone, just to check if his friends were anywhere near. turns out, they'd been texting on the group chat, and it was pretty amusing. "what are you smiling at? let me see!" awsten said cheerfully. brendon nodded again, and moved over to sit next to awsten, showing him the messages.

group chat:

spence: did we actually decide where we were getting pizza

halsey: well i just assumed that you just knew where you were going

spence: well i don't

halsey: i figured

pattycakes: does anyone know where the nearest pizza place is

halsey: and it has to be good

pepe: that was a stupid question

pattycakes: rude

pepe: i know where  a l l  the pizza places are

spence: of course you do

geewhiz: where are you guys?

halsey: by the pond

halsey: you all have three minutes to get here or i push you in said pond

fronk: we'll be there

milkyway: but me, ray, dan and phil are stuck in this lesson because tall frank yelled at the teacher for not respecting his datemate's pronouns - which is a valid excuse and we are not being pushed in the pond for that