Chapter twenty eight

Harry's POV

2 days later

"Sorry I'm a bit late love picking you up, I thought that Amelia would of." My mum apologises whilst helping me into the car.

She closes the door and makes her way to the drivers side.

"Where is she anyway?" She asks as she puts her seatbelt on.

I just pretend I didn't hear her.

"Harry?" My mum puts the car into first gear and starts driving.

"We aren't together anymore." I whisper looking out the window.

"Sorry, what?"

"Harry broke up with her." I try to hold back the tears at the thought of never seeing Amelia again.

"Why?!" She shrieks.

"Don't wanna talk about it." I mumble.

Once we have arrived home, I get out of the car and make it to the front door. It opens to reveal Gemma with my son crying in her arms.

"Dylan." I grab him and pull him into my arms. "What's wrong?" I kiss his tear stained cheeks.

"I missed you." He cries into my neck. After a couple more minutes of crying he slowly looks up at me with wide green eyes. "Where is Mummy Amelia and Brett?" He questions, a look of confusion etched onto his face.

"Don't beat around the bush, Harry." My mum grumbles pushing me out of the way after I've put Dylan down.

I get that she's angry but I done this to keep us safe.

To keep Amelia safe.

"Hey." Dylan pulls on my trouser leg and pouts up at me. "You didn't answer me."

I start to panic not knowing what to say. I look to Gemma who's looking at me confused.

"Dylan, daddy needs to talk to you." I gulp. "Lets go upstairs yeah." I pick him up and avoid the staring eyes of my mum and Gemma.

Once we've reached his room I shut the door and sit on the floor with him in my lap.

"What's going on?" Dylan looks up at me in worry. "Where's mummy?!" He raises his voice making my eyes widen.

"Dylan I need to tell----"

"I want Mummy Amelia." He whines, I close my eyes and sigh.

"You're not going to be seeing her or Brett anymore." I say bluntly, instantly regretting it when I see his lips start to quiver and his eyes start to water.

"What?" He whimpers.

"I'm sorry, son." He jumps up and gets one of his pillows and whacks me round the head.

"I hate you." He cries, my eyes start to water at my sons words.

"Dylan--"

"Get out of my room." He tries to pull me up but ends up failing. I stand up myself and open the door.

"I'm sorry Dylan." I whisper, he shoves me further out and slams the door in my face. I put my ear against the door and hear his muffled whimpers.

"Mum told me." I spin around and see an angry Gemma. "You know what I think Harry?" I shake my head. "That you've just lost the best thing that has ever happened to you. I'll go talk to Dylan." I move out of the way and watch her go into Dylan's room.

"Fuck!" I grab my hair in frustration. "Fuck, fuck, fuck."

What the fuck have I done?

~~~

4 weeks later

I miss her.

I fucking need her.

Dylan still hates me. I only get short answers from him.

"I-- um Dylan Har-- I'm going food shopping, do you want to come along with me?" I nervously ask, playing with my fingers.

"Yes." He mumbles, I smile and nod my head.

"Okay, go get your shoes."

We arrive at out local supermarket, I grab a trolley and we make our way in.

"You want some sweets?"

"Yes." He mumbles again and I sigh.

I pick up a packet of Haribos and put them in the trolley.

"Mummy!" Dylan yells, my eyes widen and I look up to see my beautiful girl.

"Hey you." Amelia smiles, picking him up and cuddling him.

"I miss you so much." I hear him say.

"I miss you too, sweetheart, so does Brett." She kisses his cheek and then puts him down. Amelia looks up at me and her smile falls and is replaced with a look of hatred.

"Baby girl." I whisper

"I've got to go, Dylan." She ruffles his hair and then rushes round the corner. 

My son turns around and faces me with tear stained cheeks.

My eyes begin to water at what just happened.

She hates me and she has every right to.

A/N

Thank you so much to everyone who reads this book x

Don't forget to vote x