Chapter twenty two

Amelia's POV

"Just go Harry." I sigh.

"Harry didn't mean to make you sad, Harry I-is sorry." He says to me in third person like he always does, but this may be the last time.

~~~

"Come on boy's, we gotta get you to school." I yell from the kitchen, we have been back home for  ten days now but Harry has kept his distance from us, even his own son. This is the eighth day that Dylan has seen his father and I'm beginning to get a bit concerned about Harry's where abouts.

"Nearly ready, mama." Brett yells, putting his books and stationary into his schoolbag.

Dylan walks into the kitchen with a frown on his face. He looks up at me with his cute blue eyes. "Mummy Amelia?" He asks, my heart warms at the name he has decided to give me,

"Yes, darling." I crouch down, so we are eye level.

"When am I going to see daddy? Is he mad at me?" His eyes start to get glossy so I pull him into a hug.

"No, don't be silly. Of course he's not mad at you, he's just a bit ill and doesn't want to make you ill, so he thought it would be best if you stay here until he gets better." I lie, not wanting to make him anymore upset than he already is.

"Okay." He wipes his teary eyes and hugs me back. "Love you." He mumbles into my ear and then runs off to where Brett is.

I'm in shock.

Now my eyes begin to tear up.

"Love you too." I mumble, even though he cannot hear me.

~~~

"Laurence what the fuck?!" I yell once I've opened the door, he is sporting a massive black eye and he has a cut on his lip

"Laurence what the fuck?!" I yell once I've opened the door, he is sporting a massive black eye and he has a cut on his lip. "What happened?" I pull him into the house and sit him down on the sofa.

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me." He scoffs.

"Try me." I give him a stern look.

"Harry."

"What about him?" I ask.

"It was Harry." He says.

"Fucking hell." I mutter. "Did he give you a reason why?" I question him.

"He thinks I'm out to kill you." He laughs. "I've known you for fifteen years and he comes along and thinks I'm trying to hurt you and Brett." Laurence shakes his head and looks at me.

" Laurence shakes his head and looks at me