Together, We Will Triumph

I go and catch up to the girls, who, at this time, are trying to console the poor brunette. Said female stands up and retorts to whatever it is Wendy said, "It's not about the hair anymore, guys. It's about me. Being kind and sweet is what makes me who I am. If I'm not a good person, who am I? I'm not leaving this spot until I think of a deed that makes me as good as Celestabellebethabelle."

"But Mabel..." Grenda reaches a hand out but it is dodged. 

A look of realization dawns on my sister's face, but only for a second as she pushes by the others. "Leave me be, I gotta talk to Macie, alone," she trails off while dragging me against my will.

"Ma-" a thump in the ground causes me to splutter, "-able! Where are you taking me and why?" I ask worriedly.

She doesn't answer but instead stops dead in her tracks, turns around, and let's go of me all at the same time, successfully startling me thoroughly. "Macie...I'm a good person....right?" Mabel asks, twiddling her fingers and shyly looking up at me.

I'm taken aback by her sudden question, and, while being extremely vulnerable right now, I don't know what to tell her. "Yes, of course you are, why would you think any different?" I ask her assertively yet softly.

"Well," Mabel starts, "it's what that unicorn said back there...and I thought about it and I really do pick on Dipper a lot, I even pick on you, too! Like when you were doing graphs with Dipper and that Dungeon game?" I go to deny her claim, but she shushes me with her finger. "I want the truth, Macie. We're gonna stay safe from Bill, right? I'm a good person and I'll get the unicorn hair to save the family, right?"

'What am I suppose to say with her looking at me like that!?' I inwardly groan and then sigh at seeing little tears sting the side of her eyes.

"Mabes," I put a calming hand on her right shoulder. "I can't lie to you, not anymore, but what am I supposed to tell you?"

"S-so bad things are gonna happen...and I fail the family this episode, don't I?"

"No!" I shout a little too loudly. I turn my head to wave off suspicion if the girls heard us, but I see that they're already gone. 'Fine with me then if they wanna go get that fairy dust while I'm distracting her...'  "I mean, no you don't let us down! And yes you are a very good person at heart. Don't forget it okay, Mabel Pines? You're the purest heart out there. You're twelve and have a twin brother who is the complete opposite of you, you two are gonna tease each other at some point in life." I try my hand at a reassuring smile, which seems to work as she wipes her nose and gives me a tiny smile back.

"Thanks, Mace, but, um, you never answered my first question..." She avoids my confused gaze.

"Oh-" Realization sets in, "-OH. Uhhh..." I rub the nape of my neck. "Well, what do you want to hear? If you know what's gonna happen, the whole series could go off if you decide to change your actions."

"But-but I wanna know that we'll be okay! That-that Bill won't get you or anybody else!" Mabel cries determinedly.

"Yes, of course, I won't let anything happen to you guys. It's my fault Bill knows and everything is outta whack in the first place, so I'm going to make sure everything will be okay and you two will be alright. Kay?" My head tilts as I close my eyes and wait for her reply.

I feel hands shift around my waist and pull me into a hug. Opening my eyes, in shock, my vision is limited by a head of brown hair with a little tuft on top. "We'll protect you, too, Mace, no matter what," I hear her mumble from the confines of my jacket.

"I know." I hug her back.

~~Time Skip brought to you by: Sister bonding! CHOKE ON THE FLUFF! Mwahaha!~~