I'mma Firin' My Lasers

"So, we're gonna go after him, right?" I jab a thumb in the direction Soos fled in.

"Naturally," Dipper and Mabel say in unison.

"Hey, did you guys see Soos? What happened to--?" Wendy asks, walking around the corner and stopping when seeing the party decorations. Stan trails behind her as well and when he sees the scene, his face shows as much surprise as Wendy's. "Oh no. Oh no, no. Okay, you guys didn't know so it's not your fault, but Soos hates his birthday," Wendy explains calmly.

Everyone, besides me, looks surprised and gets taken aback. "What!?" Mabel and Dipper cry out, then look to me. I shrug and tilt my hand.

"It's a total mystery. I guess he's been like this since he was a kid. Some weird personal biz." She frowns as Stan nods with agreement.

"Well, isn't there anything we could do?" I step in, ignoring Dipper and Mabel's un-amused gaze.

"Yeah! There's gotta be something we can do!" Mabel steps forward.

The teenager looks uncertain, "We've tried everything."

"I even petitioned the government to have this day removed from calendars. Now I'm not allowed on airplanes," Grunkle Stan says like it's a normal thing people try doing every day.

"Stan, that- you- what?!" I can't help but laugh. 'He said it so nonchalantly! Haha!'

"Macie!" Dipper slaps my chest in a scolding manner, then gestures to follow his lead. "Guys, come on let's see what he's doing." We follow the young boy to the corner of the shack and peer over. I look through Mabel's legs since there's no other room vertically. We all watch the poor man sit on the porch, holding a post card and sighing deeply, indicating that he is not happy.

I hear someone inhale through closed teeth, "I don't know, guys. Maybe we should just leave him alone, you know?" I look up to Wendy as she speaks.

"No one should be alone on their birthday. There's gotta be a way to cheer him up. We just have to try harder." Dipper glares determinedly.

"Macie put your hand down," Mabel says without looking down to me.

~~Time Skip brought to you by: Time travel making you lose all of your hair!~~

Journeying into the laser tag place, Mabel leads Soos, who is blindfolded, again, to the main area. "Alright, guys. Blindfold me once, shame on you. Blindfold me twice- wait a minute. Hot dog smell? Sticky floors? Future sounds?" He rips the cloth off to see the place. Faint laser noises go off in the distance. "Laser tag? I-I love laser tag. How'd you guys know?"

"Wallet sniffling!" I throw my arms up in a hooray gesture.

Mabel smacks me and then wrings her hands together, "Um, we definitely didn't rifle through your wallet?" She laughs awkwardly, which would tell anyone that she did the opposite of what she's saying. 

An announcer voice goes off telling us about the setting of the game and Wendy starts going off about the walls being mattresses. I ignore them and hand Soos a vest.

"I-I don't know, guys. I'm not sure I'm up to this today." He reluctantly straps it on.

"Don't worry, Soos. As soon as you start playing with us, you're gonna have a great time," Dipper assures the handyman, then looks to me, "Macie, do you know how to play laser tag?" 'Ha! Is he serious?!'

'Oh, oh he is serious,' I frown seeing his face, "Uh- duh! I have a member card! I'm like level three at...uh, I- I can't remember the arcade we used to go to." I look down, suddenly feeling gloomy.