Jade let out a breath and answered, "It's me. In the bathroom, talking to you, because Leigh wouldn't answer your calls, and i could see it was urgent."

"Well thank you." The blonde smiled down the phone. "Listen, there's been an accident. A violent, senseless act happened just last night at the mall. Jesy happened to be there too." The blonde told the brunette, who was now anticipating to hear the rest of the story. "The mall was having a little pageant for the teens and it ran a little late, Jesy was one of the judges. When the winner was called, there was an uproar. Shouts of angry people all around the mall, and they wanted the judges and the participants out first before things got out of hand. Unfortunately, when the parents started to argue, one of them pulled out a gun and started shooting everyone and everything in his sight. One of those things being Jesy." Her voice grew smaller as she tells. "She got shot in her back, and the bullet hit her spine." All the air in Jade's lungs felt like it was about to wheeze out any minute. "We don't know if she'll walk again, but she wants to see you and Leigh-Anne. She doesn't care about how we've been acting, she wants to see all of us together again. Will you guys be able to do that or is that too much?"

Jade, unable to find her words, gulped and nodded. She then realized the girl could not see her and whispered out a measly, "Yes."

Jade heard the sound of clapping and giggles and instantly smiled. To this day, the girl still knew how to cheer her up, even if she didn't know she was doing it.

"Fantastic, I'll text you the hospital address, if Leigh can't bear to come that's fine. Just let me know ahead of time please." Jade noticed the tone of Perrie's voice whenever Leigh-Anne was brought into the equation, and she can't say she's surprised. But she still felt guilty for the way things turned out, she begged for another chance and in the end screwed Perrie over, again.  She always ended up breaking the girl's heart. 

She didn't understand why the blonde was being so...kind? Was that the right word? 

Then again this is a terrible situation and Perrie would have to be kind and formal, wouldn't she?

Before the blonde could hang up, Jade needed to know, "Perrie. Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Nice?" Perrie asked. "Why wouldn't I be?"

Jade cleared her throat, "I don't know if you remembered, but I kind of...broke your heart." She let out a nervous laugh, afraid of the reply she was bound to get. This could go two ways, Perrie continue being her happy self or her remembering and treating Jade like shit.

 A long pause rang down the phone until the blonde finally answered, "How could I forget?" Perrie chuckled bitterly. "My best friend and my lover run off in the sunset, leaving me in the dust." Jade's heart sped up, prepared to be treated like shit. "But if I know you, I know you're sorry. I don't need an apology from you because I know you're living in your punishment for screwing me over."

"Anyone who's lived with Leigh-Anne has lived in their punishment."  Jade let it slip out and she enjoyed the sound of the girl laughing down the phone. Perrie's laugh was...well music to her ears.

"Jade, honestly it doesn't matter what you do to me. I'll always love you." Perrie sighed happily. "You'll always be the name tattooed on my heart."

Jade laughed, "How cliche of you, to reference your tattoo in a time like this."

Perrie laughed along, "I meant it figuratively, but i guess literally works in this case too."

-

Leigh-Anne pushed the horn two times when she pulled up to the studio. She was impatient. She heard Jade laughing in the bathroom and figured she must just be scrolling down Twitter or Instagram, but when she heard the name 'Perrie', her skin crawled and she fumed.

She needed to talk with Jade about this ASAP.

She heard a knock on the window and jumped when she saw Jade standing there, looking as dull as ever. She unlocked the doors and the brunette jumped in the car and muttered a Hey.

"How did the session go?"

Jade sighed and ran her hands over her face, "Not so great, I don't have much inspiration, so I can't write. But some tracks are laid down to sustain until I'm done writing everything."

Leigh-Anne stopped at the stop light, "You sound more than frustrated, I'll run you a bath when we get home."

Leigh-Anne wasn't prepared for the bang of Jade's fist to the dashboard because she almost pressed down on the gas before the light had changed, "God damn it, Leigh!" Jade shouted out. Not everything can be solved with a bath, or a kiss, or even sex! Sometimes I just need to talk, but you never see that, do you?"

The blare of horns from behind them interrupted Leigh-Anne's chance to respond, but it didn't make her feel any better.

Jade looked out the window, knowing the girl wouldn't reply, "Perrie called."

There it was.

Finally, Leigh-Anne had a reason to snap, "Oh yeah, I heard you two getting chummy on the phone this morning." She said causing Jade to snort at her antics. "What did she call for?"

Jade laughed and laughed. Leigh-Anne, to this day, just couldn't get it. 

"Why are you laughing? I asked you a-"

"It's because after all these years you can't seem to get it through your brain that I picked you!" Jade yelled as the car sped up. "I picked you and yet you act like you were second choice to her." She turned to Leigh, who had tears edging.

"You don't get it, do you?" Leigh-Anne sucked in a breath. "I will always be second choice! No matter what! You still love her to this day and you don't even realise. You still compare me to her and you don't realise. Everything in our life will always somehow tie to Perrie, and that's why I can never win."

Jade pursed her lips and sat back in her seat, there was nothing she could say after that and she knew it. Leigh-Anne was right, something that rarely happened, but nonetheless, happened.

Jade sighed, "Well anyways, Jesy is in the hospital and Perrie wants us to go there and see her. That's why she called."

"Why is she-"

"She got shot."

Leigh-Anne pulled up the home and Jade instantly jumped out of the car, not wanting to speak another word to the girl. She left the girl to deal with her own thoughts and worries.

Now there was more than one problem in that day, the terrible news of Jesy and the terrible news of their broken relationship.