A date but... Not a date

"What should we do today?" I ask while turning towards Shawn and Cameron. Cameron is still very mad about yesterday.

"Nash and Carter are coming today so I'll need to go and pick them up from the airport. Then I'll probably hang out with them for the rest of the day and stay at their hotel tonight," Cameron explains.

"Okay. What time do you need to leave to go do that?" I question him.

"Actually right now..." He says before getting up and grabbing his coat. "Byee."

After he leaves, Shawn smirks. "Lexie... Will you help me sing a cover? You don't have to, I mean-"

"Yes," I grin. "What song are we going to sing?"

"Hm... Do you know the song A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope?" he asks me and I roll my eyes.

"Noooo, Iv been living under a rock for the last five years of my life," I joke. "Obviously I know the song."

"Sweet!" He smiles. "Are you fine with singing that song? I know I already sang this before, but it wasn't a duet."

I nod in response. "But can you play the guitar? I didn't bring mine."

"Duh, it wouldn't be a Shawn Mendes cover without me playing a guitar," he chuckles.

"How about we both meet back down in the living room in fifteen minutes?" I suggest. "I need to get ready."

"Yeah, that works," Shawn agrees before we both head in different ways.

When I make it to the guest room I'm staying in, I pull on a cute outfit. I put on a white sweater, skinny jeans, and a white bow in my hair.

I look at the clock and see that I still have ten minutes left until I have to be downstairs. That means I have some time for makeup. I quickly add some black eyeliner and give myself a light smokey eye.

As soon as I finish, I look over at the clock; it's been exactly fifteen minutes. I skip downstairs and see Shawn setting up.

"Sit here," Shawn commands while patting an empty spot next to him. I walk over and plop down next to him.

"So.. Are we singing parts? Like are you going to sing a verse, then I sing a verse, and then we sing the chorus together?" I ask.

"If you want. I was thinking that I would open up the song because you know, it's my channel," he explains and I agree.

After about ten minutes we have our parts figured out. Shawn quickly places a camera in front of us. Then he starts strumming his guitar and I elbow him in the ribs.

"What?!" he laughs.

"You forgot to say 'Hey guys, I'm Shawn Mendes'," I gawk.

"I don't do that anymore," he explains and I throw a fit.

"You have too!" I pout. "Please?"

I start to give him the puppy-dog eyes and he sighs before resetting his camera.

"Hey guys, I'm Shawn Mendes and today I'm singing a cover of A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope. And today we have a very special guest, Lexie Madison!" he grins.

"Okay so here we go," he grins.

"A drop in the ocean, a change in the weather, I was prayin' that you and me might end up together," he sings.

"It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert, but I'm holding you closer than most," I grin.

"Cause you are my heaven," we both sing, our voices harmonizing perfectly.