Mall Madness

I wake up and glance at the clock. It's only seven thirty. Why do I always wake up so early?

I quickly change into a pair of black jean shorts and a red tank top with black letters that says 'cooler than u'. Then I put Shawn's black leather jacket that he told me I could keep over the tank top.

After that, I run to the bathroom and brush my hair until it was super soft. Then I quickly grab my fold up guitar and run out of the room. The girls were still sleeping so I put a note on Lauren's forehead telling her I'm at the dock. Of course I didn't add it was so I could sing there.

As soon as I was getting ready to walk out of the house, my phone vibrates. I look down and see I have a text.

Shawn: hey Lex, you awake yet? You wanna hang out?

Lexie: meet me at the dock-bring your guitar.

I respond and then quietly shut the door behind me after stepping outside. It was so nice out- the sun was just starting to rise so the air was still kind of cool.

Before heading to the dock, I walk over to a StarBucks that is on the beach and order a frappachino. Then I quickly scurry over to the dock and sit down on the edge, letting my feet glide on the cool water.

Shawn wasn't here yet, so I decide to warm up. I do a few warm ups, and then I start to sing.

I get so caught up in the music, when someone coughed I jump really high. "Oh gosh Shawn, you scared me," I laugh.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes while sitting besides me. "So are we gunna sing or what?"

"We'll sing. Hm, how about Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift," I suggest and he nods.

We both start strumming our guitars and then I start singing first. Then when his strong voice joins, our voices harmonizing perfectly. By the time we finished the song I was grinning ear to ear.

"Do you mind if I take a vine of us both singing? It sounded really good... And I don't have to say that you were the one singing with me or even show your face," Shawn questions me and I nod.

We both start to strum our guitars and then we start singing again. Sense the app only allowed six second videos, we didn't sing very much. Probably only a quarter of the chorus.

I don't know what he types before he posts it, so I grab my phone and jump on vine. I start grinning at the caption. It says 'everything has changed, thanks to the mystery singer<3.'

I look over and see that Shawn is blushing- how cute! "What song should we sing now?" I ask.

"Hm. How about Crush by David Archuleta?" He suggests and I smile.

"Okay," I grin while strumming the cords to the song. Then I start singing to the lyrics by myself until the chorus starts, then he joins in. Once again, our voices collide, harmonizing perfectly.

When the song was finished I grin. Honestly, I wouldn't even mind singing in public with Shawn if I had to. Because... Well I don't know why. I guess it's just different when I'm singing with him. But everything's different when I'm with him. The sky is bluer, the world is happier, the-

"Do you want to sing another song?" Shawn asks, interrupting my thoughts.

"Um yes. Can we sing Perfect Two by Auburn? I know it's a little girly but..." I say and I want to finish that sentence by saying it's all of the words I'm unable to say. But instead I just tell him it's because I really like the song.

"It's fine," he replied while flashing me a perfect smile. I blush and then we start singing.

After the song was over, I look at the beach. People were starting to arrive and my phone said it was eleven thirty. "Oh Shawn... Is it okay if we leave now? People are arriving and I'm going to the mall with Lox and Lauren at noon."