Tournament

All night long Shawn's words had repeated in my head. 'Im in love with you, I'm in love with you, I'm in love with you...'

I quickly walk downstairs and sit down at the kitchen table. I put my head in my hands and moaned. I know that Shawn likes me now, but what if I messed everything up? And I thought the sweetest person alive was a jerk...

"Hey sweetie!" my mom yells while running into the kitchen.

"Hey... Where's Lox, Lauren, Meg, and Shea?" I ask.

"Oh, they went back to Cameron's house. They all understood that you were very tired. And how's your ankle?"

"Oh, my ankle feels a lot better. Carter defiantly helped a lot-if he didn't help me around, I probably wouldn't be able to walk or anything," I respond.

"Carter is a sweetie!" She exclaims and I laugh.

"Yeah, all of the guys are really sweet," I smile while looking at the fridge, which has a calendar on it. "Oh, I have a softball game tonight!"

"How could you forget? You've been wanting this ever sense you were a little girl-to make it to the state tournament. If you win this game, you win the tournament,"she reminds me and I grin.

"Hey, mind if a few of the guys come over?" I ask, hoping she doesn't mind. I need to talk to someone about last night...

"Yes, that's fine-just remember, the tournaments at six," she says as I look at the clock. It's only five, so I could go to the park now and warm up.

I quickly run upstairs, because my ankle doesn't hurt anymore. As soon as I reach my room, I put on my softball uniform- a neon yellow shirt and white softball pants. Then I put my hair up in a high ponytail and then my cleats.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs, I grab my phone out of my pocket and start to text.

Lexie: Hey... Do you want to come help me practice for my tournament 2night?

Shawn: Yeah, can the guys and I watch the tournament?

Lexie: please! I would be 20x more motivated if my besties were there to support me ;)

Shawn: We'll be there, & I'll be at the ballpark in five minutes.

Lexie: ok ttyl <3

As I walk to the ballpark I frown. What if everything is awkward between Shawn and I? What if he changed his mind? What if-

"Hey, Lex," Shawn spits out nervously as I approach him at the baseball diamond.

"Hey! Do you need a glove and a bat? I brought an extra," I offer and he smiles.

"Okay good, I need one," he laughs.

I quickly hand him a brown glove and a black bat. "Can you set the bat aside? We aren't going to use it right now. I was thinking that I could pitch and you could be the catcher?" I ask and he agrees.

He sits down and then I get in my position. After a moment, I pitch the ball and it goes right to Shawn. "Wow Lex, you can sing, act, and play baseball?" He laughs and I giggle.

After about fifteen minutes of pitching, I decide to move onto batting. "Here," I say handing Shawn his bat again and then we start walking to an empty diamond.

"Thanks," he says while walking to the pitching mound. "Okay, so how do I pitch?"

I laugh and then throw him a ball. "Girls do it a different way, so just try to throw it where the catcher would be." He looks at me like I'm crazy, and I quickly scurry over to home plate. "Now throw the ball."