1.6

"Jungkook. Hey, wake up. The rest of the boys will be here soon... get up."

He lifted his head and glared at me. I impatiently motioned for him to get off of the bed and away from Sunny. Jungkook complied, but I noticed his hesitation in doing so.

"Wake Sunny up and I'll go get the rest." I simply state before leaving him with her. I didn't want to let him be alone with her for long so I quickly called Bang PD, meeting them in the lobby.

"Jungkook is waking her up right now..." I trail off. I lead them to her room and don't bother knocking.

~~

I enter the room to find Jungkook sitting with his nose in the corner, and Sunny has a fresh change of clothes on. Confused I poke Kook's side but he mumbles under his breath about not being an infant.

Her eyes catch mine and it's like the world stops. I've become feverishly aware of my heartbeat thudding in my chest and my lungs expanding with air. I took in her features. The glow in her eyes were gone, her skin was paler than usual, her hair was tangled, and she had gotten far too skinny. The nurses did not take care of her as I had asked. 

Carefully, I rush to her and embrace her. I bury my head in the crook of her neck and tears uncontrollably fall from my eyes. No words were said but we both knew what we wanted to say because we conveyed it through our actions. She ran her hands up and down my back trying to calm my breathing. I backed away from her and held her hands.

"Don't ever, don't do that again," I stammered. "I thought you were gone Sunny, I really did. I had to give you CPR just so you could breathe I was so scared."

She looked at me solemnly. Her eyes became glossed over and I can tell she was holding back a sob.

"I... I'm so, so sorry Hoseok." She croaked out the first few words I've heard from her in weeks. So many emotions swirled within my body: happiness, relief, sadness, anger, worry, but most of all, relief. I was relieved that she was okay... for the most part.

My thoughts were cut short when all of the boys squished her in a group hug. Taehyung was wailing and Yoongi was smiling. Everyone was fearful once they heard the news. Yoongi didn't come out of the recording room once, Namjoon was stuck in thought all of the time, Jin would eat away his pain, Kookie would wallow in sadness and work out too much, Jimin would dance with me until the pads of our feet had blisters, and Taehyung became distant and quiet. She impacted us in a way we never thought was imaginable. Nonetheless by a random girl I met at a park.

"Yah! Get off of her before you hurt her she still has wires attached to her!" I shout at the boys. They all freeze with fear in their eyes. Slowly, they back away and finally notice the drip that is still stuck in her arm and the wires running underneath her clothing.

"Oh my gosh Sunny did I hurt you are you okay o-"

"I'm fine, don't worry," she laughed. Her laugh was like a drug. Any time she laughed she made people smile, she made me want to make her the happiest person in the world.

"ChinSun, is okay if we talk?" Band PD finally spoke up. She nodded and he motioned for us to get out. I hope he is gentle with her.

Sunny's POV

I nervously fiddled with my hands in my lap, waiting for him to tell me I have been fired. A deep sigh escapes his lungs and he clears his throat. I flinch.

"I'm going to get you professional help."

"What, wait you, I, what?" I stumble over my words, trying to form a sentence.

"If you are to work for me and my company, I want to get you professional help. You make them so happy, I can tell that you've lifted a lot of stress off of them the few days you spent with them. While you were here, unconscious, all of the boys changed. It was like the souls had been sucked from their bodies and the light drained from their eyes. I know it sounds dramatic, but I saw it Miss ChinSun, I saw it all unfold before me like a ribbon in the wind."

He pushed the chair closer to my bed and sat down, grabbing one of my hands gently.

"I want you to get better. Not just for the boys, but for everyone, including yourself. What you are battling is extremely hard but I know you can do it. I've set up appointments with a therapist after your scheduled work times every other day, and a monthly check up here at the hospital. I know it seems like I'm over-doing it here, but I'd rather be safe than sorry."

Tears unknowingly escaped my eyes and I launched forward, embracing the elder.

"Nobody, has ever, nobody has ever given me a second chance." I sob into his shoulder.

"Then this will be your first and hopefully your last on the road to better health."