1.3

I let out a heavy sigh and sink underneath the water. I close my eyes and just sink as deep as I can go. I suck in and the water fills my lungs. I begin to sputter and cough, but I don't allow myself to surface. I hold myself underneath until I begin to slip out of consciousness. 

~~

I open my eyes to a white room with light blue sheets covering my body. My body aches, my lungs burn, my head is pounding and my stomach is in knots. It was too hard to keep my eyes open, due to the blinding LED lights above my head. I tried to speak but my throat hitched and I began to sputter and cough. 

Opening my eyes, I notice someone in a chair to the left of me, slumped over. They had dark black hair, grey skin, and were clad in all black clothing. The person looked up and met my gaze, but the thing was, they had not eyes. Just holes in their skull. They gave me a toothy lopsided grin and slumped back over.

 A new figure walked in to my right and gasped. She had short peach hair and wore a lab coat. Just as fast as she entered she left, but not before yelling for a doctor.

A doctor? Where am I?

I look down and finally notice the IV sticking out of my arm, and the oxygen tube connected to my nose. Wires ran from my bed and body to the whining machines next to my head. 

A hospital, I'm in a hospital.

Memories of the bath and Hoseok fill my mind. 

I tried to drown myself. I tried to kill myself. While he was there. How stupid can I be?

Loud footsteps grew closer and closer. Soon enough, doctors and nurses flooded my room checking my vitals. The person in the chair was no longer there. 

I wonder where they went.

"It is nice to see you are finally wake, Ms. Gi." A man smiles fakely next to me.

I tried to respond but the only thing that came out was a croak and the wheeze of my breath. I began to cough again, but this time it sent a painful shot throughout my chest and made it hard for me to breathe.

"Don't try to speak, you took in a lot of water and it damaged your lungs. You aren't able to breathe on your own, and won't be able to for a little while. You are very lucky that man found you when he did, because if he didn't you would not be alive." He stated looking deeply into my eyes. I looked away and my vision became blurry. Tears slid down my cheeks as I silently cried. It hurt to cry, it hurt to breathe, it hurt to live.

"We have already alerted him that you have woken up, and I assume he will be here soon."

The doctor leaves my room and I let out a shaky breath.

Hoseok found me. He witnessed that. I'm scared to face him... what will he say? What will he do? Will he be disgusted and leave me? Will he cry? Will he yell? Will he laugh? Is he going to bring anyone else? What do I do?

About twenty minutes later I heard labored breathing, extremely heavy footsteps, and my door slams open. But it's not Hoseok. 

A single tear leaves my eye as I stare at the person before me. Why didn't he come to see me.

"Why," he whispers before rushing to my bed.

~~

i know it's short but there is a reason for that. bear with me :)