0.1

depression: A feeling which makes you think there is no way to stay afloat, there is no carrying on this charade you call life. A feeling which is so emotionally pressing, you feel as if you're going to explode with tears.

~

I push myself out of the tub and groan. No, I was not bathing, I was asleep; fully clothed, no water, just sleeping. I know that is a weird thing to do, especially when I have a perfectly comfortable bed, I just like watching Netflix in my bathtub.

I pick up my computer from the ground and groggily walk to my room. The floorboards creak beneath my feet as I tiptoe through the house. Rain can be heard beating rhythmically on the roof. Once inside, I grab my favorite dark grey sweatshirt, some black ripped skinny jeans, and my favorite pair of worn out black converse. I leave my hair in messy waves along my shoulders and grab my phone. I put my earbuds in and begin to blast Lund's song "Broken." Yes, my music taste is weird... so what?

I walk aimlessly through town trying to find something to occupy myself with. I have lost interest in most of my old 'hobbies.' Getting up in the morning is becoming just as tedious as it is to go to practice every afternoon, show up for school, or even simply being around family. I have no motivation left, really.

I find a park about 30 minutes after I left my house. The bench I sat on was a faded blue with chipping paint. The park's grass was a bright green, the tree leaves were beautiful shades of orange and yellow, and families and couples were scattered throughout the park having picnics. A man wearing all black with a white face mask stood next to my bench, typing away at his phone. I glance down at my own and decide to turn off my music. 

The birds above chirp out beautiful sonnets as the leaves russell gently in the breeze. Sighing, I stare into the cloud covered grey sky. I glance over at the man in black and notice that he is staring at me.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I retort bitterly. His ears turn red and I assume he is blushing beneath his mask.

"I'm sorry I... uh I just-"

"It's fine I was just joking." I laugh lightly. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound rude when I noticed you looking," I extend my hand, "I'm Gi ChinSun, but you can call me Sunny." I smile.

"Hello Miss Sunny, my name is Jung Hoseok, but you can call me Hobi... or Jhope... or angel-"

"Okay okay I get it," I said cutting him off. "Why do you wear a mask to the park?" I ask.

"Oh um, no reason, just allergies really." He reaches for the mask and pulls it from his mouth so it is wrapped beneath his chin. I can actually see his face and let me tell you he is beautiful. His lips were perfectly shaped but a little on the thin side, his eyes crinkled whenever he smiled, his teeth were perfectly straight and a bright white, his nose was cute and button-like, while his jawline was very sharp.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." He teases me. I blush and look away, embarrassed at the fact that he caught me staring. "Wait do you recognize me, oh no please don't scream, I swear I'll give yo-"

"What do you mean recognize you, I just met you." I ask, narrowing my eyes at him.

"N-nothing don't worry about it." He comments and stares back at me. His eyes slightly narrow and he begins to frown. He notices me looking and immediately covers up his emotions. Silence fills the air and things become awkward. I look down at my shoes and he shuffles his feet uncomfortably. I glance up at him and notice his mask was covering his face once again. I frown.

"So anyways... how's life?" I ask plastering a stupid smile on my face. He laughs at my question, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Life is great mate." He replies, using an awful Australian accent. I started laughing, and let out the loudest snort. OHMYGOD CHINSUN YOU IDIOT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SNORT  YOU PIG THAT IS THE MOST EMBARRAS-

"Cute." He interrupts my thoughts. I blush and cover my face with my hands.

"I'm not cute, I'm deadly," I mumble through my hands. I look up at Hobi and have a marvelous idea. "Lets go somewhere!" I scream while grabbing his wrist and dragging him along.

"What the heck are you doing? Where are we going? I don't even kno-"

"Yah! Hush your mouth before I shove that mask down your throat!" I smirk at him.

"Jeez woman, no need to get all deadly on me." He smirks back. I smack his shoulder and continue dragging him down the sidewalk. We continue to walk in comfortable silence for a couple of blocks until we reach our destination. The shop is cute. The walls are mint green, with black furniture scattered about. It is slightly warmer in the store than it is outside, and the sweet aroma of the store draws me in even more. "Seriously. Ice cream? On a day this cold you want ice cream?" He asks dumbly.

"Duh Hobi-pabo. The cold never bothered me anyways." I quote Frozen. He pretends to be offended and gasps while clutching his heart. I laugh and saunter to the ice cream counter.

"May I please get a double rocky road waffle cone, dipped in chocolate?" I politely ask the woman behind the bar. "Aaaand... could I also get a..." I glance at all of the flavors and then back at Hoseok. "Could I get a double rainbow sherbert?"

"Coming right up sweetheart." The lady replies. After paying I plop down next to Hoseok and shove the cone in his face. He takes the ice cream, pulls off his mask and slowly begins to eat it.

"How the heck can you eat this I am so cold."

"I am Queen Elsa. Bow down peasant."

He scowls at me and returns to eating his ice cream. I finish mine quickly because I'm that awesome. I look down at my nails and notice the grey paint is all chipped. I glance lower at the hem of my sleeve and immediately look away. Scars peek through the end of my sleeve. I quickly pull my sleeves down further and shove my hands in my lap, mood now sour. I wonder if he saw them when I was dragging him, I think to myself. I really hope he didn't. I don't want to scare him away, he's so nice and I just want a good friend. Friend... frien... frie... FRIES I WANT FRIES!

I scramble out of my seat, scaring Hoseok in the process, and quickly rush to the counter to order two sides of fries. I return to our table with the delectable, golden pieces of potato.

"OH MY GOSH HOBI TRY THESE FRIES THEY ARE THE BEST," I say a little too excitedly, shoving the fries in his direction.

"You are so strange." He mutters while grabbing a fry. He places the food into his mouth and his eyes widen in mock-shock. "Oh my gosh these are the best fries I have ever eaten in my entireee life." He says very sarcastically. I roll my eyes and shovel more fries into my mouth. Suddenly screaming can be heard from outside of the shop and I turn to see around 15girls sprinting into the shop.

"JUNG HOSEOK!" They continuously scream. I look back at Hobi confused, only to notice that he is no longer sitting with me, he is running towards the back exit. I try to stand but get shoved down by the pack of girls still chasing Hoseok. I glance down and notice he left his phone next to his fries. I turn on his phone, but it has a passcode. I type in 'password' and it unlocks. Hobi-pabo why would you save your password as password. I put in my contact and continue to call the first person in his 'in case of emergency' contact list.

calling Jin Hyung~

"Hello?"

-----------------------------------

boom first chapter. hopefully i'll get to update again soon :]

this is my first story that i will not delete. i promise this time.