Badass

Clem is injured while alone with Gabe and she has to fix herself up. Ok so a while back an anonymous on thewalkingclementines page was my inspiration for this one shot. So credit to that person bc I absolutely loved the idea and had to write this! I miss my kids and we better see Gabe in season four I swear

"Oh fuck, Clementine!" Gabe curses, watching his girlfriend run and jump to gain cover behind an old checkout counter as an arrow flys right by the girl.

"I'm fine Gabe! Just keep firing!" Clementine calls back, but that doesn't calm Gabe at all. He can hear his girlfriends breath hitch and curses fly from where she's hiding. Gabe resists the urge to run to her side, and instead pops around the corner to fire back at the bandits. Thankfully bullets are most of the time more accurate than arrows.

Out of the corner of his eye, he can see Clem occasionally pop up to fire back as well. But what's alarming is that every time she pops back up, her hand and arm is getting more and more wet with blood, which clearly has to be hers.

Again, Gabe restrains himself from running into the line of fire to help Clementine. Honestly, he's pretty proud of himself at the moment for not acting rash to try and help her, since he knows she can help herself.

"Fuck, roamers are coming George! We gotta go! Forget the fucking kids!" One of the bandits call to his friends. They fire for a few more moments before they're running off. Before they can completely get away, Gabe lands a shot in one of the men's arms, making them drop a bag of supplies in pain.

Finally, Clementine and Gabe are left alone, but not for long. Like one of the bandits had yelled, walkers were gathering to the sound of commotion, and it was only a matter of time before this hardware store is overrun.

"Gabe! We need to block the entrance. Help me push this!" Clementine calls as she moves from behind the counter to start shoving a large display case infront of the front door.

"Yeah...okay!" Gabe is quick to get up and help her. Together they end up pushing a few display cases and shelves infront of the front door, successfully locking the walkers out, and themselves in.

Gabe rests his hands on his knees as he takes a couple seconds to calm himself. Taking a few breaths as the adrenaline leaves his system. He could barley see Clementine doing the same thing out of the corner of his eye. But he snaps back to reality when Clementine raises a hand to her shoulder before hissing in pain.

"Clem, shit, are you okay? Here let me see," Gabe stands up straight, getting closer to Clem who cautiously shields her wound.

Clementine shakes her head a bit, biting down on her lip for a second before answering. "I'm fine Gabe. Just...shit. One of the arrows must have skimmed me, it's probably not as bad as it looks," Clem mumbles, moving over to lean against the counter.

Gabe frowns at her, but doesn't persist since he knows she won't let him do anything she doesn't want him to. Instead, he moves to grab the bag that had been dropped by one of the bandits as Clementine looks at the gash on her arm.