Is It Too Late To Say Sorry

A/N:Thank you for all the support... your love and support is sooo heartwarming! And bloody 150+ reads, votes, comments within a day- I had never thought of anything like that ever!!! It sooo overwhelming! I mean you'll are so good to me even though I produce this crap. You guyzz are real sweethearts 😘😍

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<<Girl you know it ain't true
If you believe
Please accept my apology
baby I didn't mean
I didn't mean to hurt you girl>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the meeting ended they had lunch there. A very akward lunch, according Parth atleast. Niti was trying her best to be chill and informal with him but failing at it miserably. So after lunch he decided to speak that day itself.

***
"Now I know you said we're cool and all" Parth said sighing lightly "and I really want it to stay that way too. So I'm just saying for whatever happened-" Parth was abruptly cut off by Niti.

"Parth can we not talk about this. Let's just be cordial with each other, all this will only create room for arguments. Please I don't wanna talk about this" she said with emphasis hoping to make a point.

"Okay... but I thought we were cool?" Parth asked raising his eyebrows, confusion evident in his voice. He was thinking maybe talking it out would actually reduce whatever lityle tension they had, but here she was not even willing to talk.He wondered why was she making it so difficult, though in his mind he knew exactly why was it so. He just wouldn't admit it.

"We're...we're fine Parth. Really" Niti said assuringly with as much conviction as she could muster but her pained voice betrayed her. "As long as you don't set your foot in sensitive areas" she practically murmured the last part but still loud enough for him to hear.

"I don't want this awkwardness to persist" Parth said getting slightly irritated though he very well knew that the reason for her behaving like this was HIM. Things he did, things he shouldn't have done... but still it was all in the past and he saw no point in dragging it further. Especially when there was no trace of actual grievance. It was like she just decided to ignore all his attempts at mending things.

"Me too. We have a show ahead, which means working together. So let's just be normal, yeah" Niti said almost emotionlessly or maybe she was trying hard to hold them back. The latter was a much more convincing possibility.

"This is not normal! This isn't how we used to be" Parth said his voice raising his voice. He couldn't help it. He'd always had difficult in taming his anger and when he had finally found someone for whom he was willing to change, he lost her too and with that he lost all hope of changing himself. Now he was getting better at managing his anger although one can't get excellent results only in brief period of time, so he did loose his temper at times.

And you couldn't blame him for losing his cool when he just didn't understand what Niti wanted? And now it seemed like he too was influenced by her inconsistent behaviour since he himself was confused what to believe in. He didn't even know what he wanted now? In one moment he was behaving like his old self and in the next he was thinking like the improved one. "I'm just trying to normalise the situation, right?" He asked himself "or is it not the only reason? "

"Atleast something hasn't changed" Niti said, her voice dangerously low as if threatning to explode any moment. She wasn't able to figure out that attitude of his. Admitted, it had probably been long enough but there are certain incidents that can't be forgotten easily no matter how much you really want to.