Chapter 12

Susan's POV:

We pull in the parking space of an Indian restaurant called 'Indian Tadka'. Philip was in the mood for spices so I suggested this restaurant. The restaurant was small  but very cosy. The walls were painted in a mustard yellow, and everything shouted India! The food is normally served in small woks and the plates, glasses were silver coated, very fancy.

Philip stood really close to me the whole time-when he opened the door for me, when we waited to get a table. If he wasn't wearing casuals, you'd probably think he was my bodyguard. I still wasn't used to this nearness, but it felt good intimately. I wanted to lean my back to him and melt in his chest. But he probably wouldn't like it. My ex didn't. He said my shoulders were too broad, and it only felt good when small girls did so.

We got into a booth near the back of the restaurant. Philip chose the seat next to me rather than the one right in front of me. The table in front of us was occupied by an elderly couple and the one next to it, by two teenage girls. I assume teenagers! They both eyed Philip a few times now. A few minutes later, a young man appeared and handed us the menu. He handed us one each, but Philip didn't bother to open his. Instead, he scooted closer to me to look in mine. My left arm was pressed to the cold wall, there was barely any space between us, our legs were touching each other. I was thankful he was wearing pants, if he wasn't, I'd probably would have lost my mind! His touch does funny things to my body and brain! The waiter gave us a few minutes to decide.

'How spicy can you eat?' I asked him.

'I can have spicy as in lots of spices, but with a small amount of chili..' He sets his phone and sunglasses on the table.

'Right, okay. So we can have butter chicken, dal makhni and cheese naans? I'll tell him to add some green salads on the side to cut the spices a bit? And chilled water. What do you think?'

'Sound good to me. Anything you wanna feed me' he winks at me. I smile back at him, totally loving his charms. The waiter arrives later to take our orders.

'So how do you find my dress? Do I have the approval of wearing it?!' I tease him.

He looks under the table and eyes my knees. I roll my eyes- he is acting like he hasn't seen the dress already.

'Still short, but better than the skirt. I approve. How do I look?' Still short ? I roll my eyes again.

What? How does he look? Like as if he doesn't know? Fishing for compliments from me?

'You look handsome. As always.' I manage to say, I look down to my green purse to hide my cheeks.

'Thank you. You look lovely today. You got ready for me?' He props an elbow on the table and rests his chin on top, his eyes still fixed on me. He's literally killing me with his good looks today.

'Uhh kinda...' I admit. He chuckles.

'Why do you work until so late?' Whoa, change of subject!

'I am saving up for college and I need pocket money.' I add.

'Okay, isn't your family providing for college?' Why so many serious questions?

'No, my dad passed away, and my mother has used almost of  it for my brother's college and other household expenses..so I am saving for myself..'

'I am sorry about your dad ..'  he rests his left hand on mine on the table, making me look at him. It's crazy how someone's touch can be so comforting.

'It's fine. My mother got married again..so we are fine. How's your sister?'

'Ugh annoying. She's been bringing her friends home lately, jeopardizing my personal space' he rolled his eyes sarcastically.

I laughed at him for a second forgetting the jealousy that lit up at the mention of other girls. He let out a small laugh himself. 

'Tell me about your friends. How many guy friends do you have?' he asked a few seconds later.

'At school no one. I am on my own. I only have Maya at work. She's a blonde. I'm not good at making friends...' And I am bullied at school, hence no friends...

'No guy friends, good. When do I get the chance of meeting Maya?' Meeting Maya??

'Why do you want to meet her??' I ask, my cheeks turning pink. I should've played cool.

He lifts his brows at me, taken aback by my question. He should've seen it coming.
'Uh just to socialize? You can meet mine the next time. I'll introduce you to them. I usually hangout with the twins  the most. '

'Okay....for how long have you known them?'

'Only when I moved here. So around 8 months?'

We were interrupted by the waiter bringing our food. I then got a chance to look at the two teenagers eyeing my burger guy, I glared at them, making one of them to look away. The other one was shameless. Utterly shameless. Philip straightened himself and started serving our plates once the waiter left the tray full of steamy food. I admired him while he was moving our cutlery. Once done, he peeked at me, catching me staring at him. Caught red handed!! I offered him a shy smile.

'What were you looking at?' He gets off teasing me, like as if he didn't know I was admiring him. I mentally roll my eyes.

'Nothing.' I pick up my fork and knife and cut through the naan and add a piece of chicken on top of it. I pick them both with my fork and nudge his arm to feed him. He looks surprised by the gesture but happily takes the bite from me. I aim to pamper you like a spoiled kid.

'What   was   that for? He asks in between munching.

'You'll always have my first bite from my meal.' I reply, winking at him. Next, he did same for me. I looked in the two girls' direction when I eat from his fork. Burn down bitches.

We continued the rest of our meals chatting, getting to know each other. Every now and then he would  move his foot so it touched with  mine, making me pause my eating for a while. He knew the effect he had on me.

'Are you full?' he asks when I put my cutlery down.

'No, I might have eaten a cardamom, it's so spicy' I say fanning my face with my hand.

'Here, have this.' He makes me drink some water from his glass. His left hand under my chin. After a few sips, he sets it down. I mutter a thank you and he wipes the side of my lip.

'Better?'

'Yes' But craving your touch.

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

Hello guys, the date chapter is finally here!!! Part 2 is still under progress!

Please don't forget to vote and follow me for more works. Thank you!

Love you guys xoxo